Do you have any draft crushes for 2024? Here's mine:
Braelon Allen, RB, 6'2", 245, 4.40 40, out of Wisconsin. (No one that big should be that fast...) Worth maybe our 2nd round pick, or trade up in the 3rd.
Draft Buzz describes him this way:
- His passing game skills are strong. He’s a natural hands catcher who turns upfield quickly in the screen game, and Allen shows a great feel for setting up wheel routes.
- Allen is a natural playmaker, at his best with the ball in his hands.
- Made Bruce Feldman's 2023 Freak's List - ranked #34. He wrote "Last year he made it on the strength of his power-cleaning 406 pounds and clocking a 1.49 in his 10-yard split. He benched 365. Allen has bulked up 10 more pounds to 245 now. "I’m bigger, but I am leaner now," Allen says. "I went from 11 percent body fat to 8 percent this offseason. I’m definitely faster now.""
- He runs with violence; he’s capable of thrashing through tacklers, and he has the natural balance to withstand contact.
- He shows good initial burst and runs with violence through traffic. He typically finishes runs well, especially in short-yardage situations.
- Fights for extra yardage and is reliable in short-yardage situations.
- Allen aggressively finishes runs and consistently falls forward in a crowd. His low pad level and a bit of wiggle keep him from absorbing big hits.