Each practice day of the season, the Kansas City Chiefs release an official injury report leading up to the next game. This week, the Chiefs face the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sunday at 7:20 p.m. Arrowhead Time.
Here is the Chiefs’ final injury report of the week, including official designations for Sunday’s game:
|Harrison Butker||K||Left Ankle||LP||DNP||DNP||QUEST|
|Tom Brady||QB||Right finger||FP||FP||FP||-|
- The Chiefs have ruled out just one player for Sunday Night Football: defensive end Mike Danna (calf), who missed last week’s game against the Indianapolis Colts. Danna logged two limited practices to end the week, so perhaps with the added day of rest following Sunday night, he could make his return for Week 5’s Monday Night Football game against the Las Vegas Raiders.
- Three Chiefs are questionable: kicker Harrison Butker (left ankle), defensive end Joshua Kaindoh (illness) and wide receiver Marquez Valdes-Scantling (abdomen). On Friday, head coach Andy Reid confirmed that Butker would be a game-time decision.
- Should Butker not be able to play, the Chiefs will turn to practice-squad kicker Matthew Wright. Look for Justin Watson or Skyy Moore to see added time if Valdes-Scantling is unable to go.
- Running back Ronald Jones (illness) was back to a full participant on Friday. He will be available to play should the Chiefs choose to make him active for the game.
- The Buccaneers will be without defensive end Akiem Hicks (foot), who is officially out. It’s likely they also be without wide receiver Breshad Perriman (knee/hamsting), who is officially doubtful.
- Left tackle Donovan Smith (elbow) and three wide receivers — Chris Godwin (hamstring/rest), Russell Gage (hamstring) and Julio Jones (knee) — are all questionable for the game.
- Godwin’s possible return is something to watch, as he is one of quarterback Tom Brady’s most reliable receivers — and one of the best pass-catchers in the NFL. The fact that he was limited on Friday after missing Thursday may be a sign that he could indeed play on Sunday night. Gage and Jones missed practice on Friday.
For Thursday’s injury report, click here.