The Kansas City Chiefs have now established their initial 53-man roster for 2022 . The next step is to create their practice squad for the coming season. They can sign up to 16 players — including up to six veterans with any amount of experience — who will be able to participate in the team’s practices. They may also be activated to the active roster — or elevated to the roster for individual games. Click here for full information about practice-squad rules and procedures.
When they have completed signing their practice-squad players, the Chiefs will make an official announcement. Until then, we’ll track reports of those signings — along with other Chiefs roster news.
Chiefs practice squad signings: 16 of 16
Officially signed, per NFL transactions report
- S Zayne Anderson
- TE Kendall Blanton
- G Mike Caliendo
- LB Cole Christiansen
- LB Jack Cochrane
- RB Jerrion Ealy
- WR Daurice Fountain
- TE Jordan Franks
- S Nazeeh Johnson
- DE Azur Kamara
- LB Elijah Lee
- QB Chris Oladokun
- WR Cornell Powell
- C Austin Reiter
- DT Danny Shelton
- DT Taylor Stallworth
Reported signings (*confirmed)
- S Zayne Anderson*
- OL Mike Caliendo*
- TE Kendall Blanton*
- LB Cole Christiansen*
- LB Jack Cochrane*
- WR Daurice Fountain*
- TE Jordan Franks*
- CB Nazeeh Johnson*
- DE Azur Kamara*
- QB Chris Oladokun*
- WR Cornell Powell*
- OL Austin Reiter*
- DT Danny Shelton*
- DT Taylor Stallworth*
Cuts, waiver claims, practice squad news, updates
All times are Arrowhead Time
- 11:34 a.m. The Chiefs lost one player they waived on Tuesday afternoon: defensive lineman Matt Dickerson, who was claimed by the Atlanta Falcons.
- 11:53 a.m. The Chiefs are bringing back offensive lineman Mike Caliendo and seventh-round rookie cornerback Nazeeh Johnson to the practice squad, according to The Kansas City Star.
- 11:55 a.m. A new face in Kansas City, with the Chiefs signing quarterback Chris Oladokun to their practice squad, according to Pro Football Focus. Oladokun visited the Chiefs on Tuesday, according to the league’s transactions report.
- 12:00 p.m. As expected, the Chiefs have signed backup center Austin Reiter to their practice squad, according to Pro Football Network.
- 12:14 p.m. Tight end Matt Bushman has been added to the Chiefs’ injured reserve list, according to the league’s transactions report. Bushman broke his clavicle after scoring two touchdowns in Kansas City’s final preseason game.
- 12:14 p.m. Tight end Jordan Franks is headed to the Chiefs’ practice squad, according to The Kansas City Star.
- 12:22 p.m. The Chiefs are bringing back both wide receiver Daurice Fountain and defensive tackle Danny Shelton to their practice squad, as reported by The Athletic.
- 1:02 p.m. The Chiefs have signed linebacker Jack Cochrane to their practice squad, according to The Kansas City Star.
- 1:22 p.m. The Chiefs are signing tight end Kendall Blanton to their practice squad, according to FOX4.
- 1:46 p.m. The Chiefs have brought safety Zayne Anderson back to their practice squad, according to NFL Network.
- 1:47 p.m. The Chiefs are bringing back defensive end Azur Kamara to their practice squad, according to The Kansas City Star.
- 1:53 p.m. The Chiefs signed veteran defensive tackle Taylor Stallworth to their practice squad, according to his agent.
- 2:11 p.m. The Chiefs announce the signings of 14 practice-squad players, including previously unreported Elijah Lee and Jerrion Ealy.
- 2:40 p.m. The Chiefs have not yet signed TE Kendall Blanton, but there is “mutual interest” in him joining the practice squad if he passes a physical, according to The Kansas City Star.
- 9:14 a.m. The Chiefs signed former Los Angeles Chargers linebacker Cole Christiansen to their practice squad, according to Pro Football Network.
- 9:39 a.m. The Tennessee Titans are signing former Chiefs receiver Josh Gordon to their practice squad, according to ESPN.
- 1:01 p.m. The Las Vegas Raiders have signed former Chiefs offensive lineman Vitaliy Gurman to their practice squad, according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal.
- 2:51 p.m. The Chiefs officially sign TE Kendall Blanton and LB Cole Christiansen to the practice squad, according to Chiefs Digest.