The Chiefs’ official 53-man roster is here! Click here for the full listing and instant analysis.
By 3 p.m. (Arrowhead Time) on Tuesday, the Kansas City Chiefs must remove 27 players from their 80-man active roster in order to get it down to the in-season limit of 53 players. The Chiefs will eventually release a complete list of all of their moves — but until then, word of some of them will be trickling out.
Here, we’ll track all the roster moves the Chiefs are reported to have made.
With each new report, we’re also updating our Chiefs roster page, so you can easily see how many players are left in each position group.
- Current roster size: 53
- Waived: QB Dustin Crum, RB Tayon Fleet-Davis, WR Aaron Parker, LB Mike Rose, OL Vitaliy Gurman, S Devon Key, S Zayne Anderson, OL Mike Caliendo, WR Cornell Powell, LB Jack Cochrane, TE Jordan Franks, LB Azur Kamara, CB Dicaprio Bottle, DT Matt Dickerson, RB Jerrion Ealy, S Nazeeh Johnson, DE Kehinde Oginni
- Waived/injured: TE Matt Bushman
- Released: OL Roderick Johnson, WR Josh Gordon, DT Taylor Stallworth, DT Danny Shelton, WR Daurice Fountain, LB Elijah Lee, LB Jermaine Carter, Jr., WR Corey Coleman, OL Austin Reiter
- Traded to another team: None
- Placed on Reserve/Non-Football Injury: None
- Placed on Reserve/Physically-unable-to-perform: OL Lucas Niang
- Placed on Reserve/Injured (ending season): WR Justyn Ross
- Claimed on waivers: None
- Free agents signed: None
- Acquired through trade: None
Reported Chiefs roster moves
- Chiefs make their initial move to the 53-man roster, releasing offensive tackle Roderick Johnson and waiving quarterback Dustin Crum, running back Tayon Fleet-Davis, wide receiver Aaron Parker and linebacker Mike Rose.
- The Chiefs are releasing wide receiver Josh Gordon, according to NFL Network.
- The Chiefs released defensive tackle Taylor Stallworth, via his agent.
- The Chiefs are releasing defensive tackle Danny Shelton, according to ESPN.
- The Kansas City Star has reported running back Ronald Jones has made the team.
- The Chiefs have waived offensive lineman Vitaliy Gurman, according to The Kansas City Star.
- The Athletic has reported that tight end Blake Bell (hip surgery) will be on the initial 53-man roster and then be placed on IR, which will allow him to return later this season.
- The Athletic has reported that quarterback Shane Buechele will make the roster.
- The Chiefs have released wide receiver Daurice Fountain, according to The Kansas City Star.
- The Chiefs have waived safety Devon Key, according to The Kansas City Star.
- The Chiefs will (temporarily) release linebacker Elijah Lee, according to The Kansas City Star.
- The Chiefs have waived safety Zayne Anderson, according to NFL Network.
- The Chiefs have released linebacker Jermaine Carter Jr., according to The Kansas City Star.
- The Chiefs are releasing wide receiver Corey Coleman, according to ESPN.
- The Chiefs are waiving offensive lineman Mike Caliendo, according to The Kansas City Star.
- The Chiefs are releasing backup center Austin Reiter, according to Pro Football Network.
- The Chiefs are waiving wide receiver Cornell Powell, according to ESPN.
- The Chiefs are waiving linebacker Josh Cochrane, according to NFL Network.
- The Chiefs have waived tight end Jordan Franks, according to NFL Network.
- The Chiefs are waiving linebacker Azur Kamara, according to Pro Football Network.
- The Chiefs announce their complete initial 53-man roster moves.