Each practice day of the season, the Kansas City Chiefs release an official injury report leading up to the next game. On Sunday, the Chiefs will travel to California to play the San Francisco 49ers at 3:25 p.m. Arrowhead Time.
Here is Kansas City’s final injury report of the week with official injury designations:
|Harrison Butker||K||Left Ankle||FP||FP||FP||-|
|Arik Armstead||DT||Foot, Ankle||DNP||DNP||DNP||OUT|
- Left guard Joe Thuney (ankle) and defensive end Mike Danna (calf) are both officially listed as questionable for Sunday. The difference between the two is that Thuney practiced fully on Friday, whereas Danna was limited, indicating it’s more likely that Thuney is available on Sunday.
- Danna originally hurt his calf during the team’s Week 2 Thursday Night Football game against the Los Angeles Chargers and returned last Sunday in Week 6 against the Buffalo Bills.
- Safety Bryan Cook (concussion), who missed the last game against the Bills, has no designation and will return against the 49ers. Cornerback Rashad Fenton (hamstring) will miss his second straight game.
- As a reminder: Rookie cornerback Trent McDuffie (hamstring) does not appear on the injury report as he remains on injured reserve, though he could be activated this weekend. McDuffie has now been spotted practicing in six straight workouts.
- The 49ers have been dealing with multiple injuries, especially on the defensive side of the ball. San Francisco missing seven defensive starters was one of the major factors in last week’s loss to the Atlanta Falcons.
- The 49ers have several key statuses to watch this week, including (an old friend) cornerback Charvarius Ward (groin) and right tackle Mike McGlinchey (calf) — both of whom were injured in last week’s game. Ward returned to practice on Friday after missing two straight days, and McGlinchey was also spotted working after being limited on Thursday. Defensive lineman Arik Armstead (foot/ankle) did not practice any day this week and is expected to be out for this game.
- Niners Nation lead editor Kyle Posey joined Arrowhead Pride’s “Interview Series” this week, saying that he is watching the availability of three players: left tackle Trent Williams (ankle), who hasn’t played since Week 3, defensive end Nick Bosa (groin), who missed Week 6 with his injury and cornerback Jason Verrett (surgically repaired knee), who has missed the entire season to date.
- Similar to McDuffie, Verrett does not appear on the injury report as he hopes to make his return from the physically unable to perform (PUP) list to play against Kansas City. Verrett appeared to be limited on Friday.
For Thursday’s injury report, click here.