The Committee of 101 — a group of national NFL media writers — has announced its selections for the top players and coaches for the 2021 NFL season.
The winners announced on Tuesday — along with the Lamar Hunt Award for Professional Football — will be presented their awards at the “101 Awards Gala,” scheduled for Thursday, March 10, 2022, in Kansas City.
The year’s gala will mark the 52nd anniversary of the event, which will benefit the University of Kansas Health System’s Sports Medicine and Performance Center.
This year’s award recipients include:
- AFC Offensive Player of the Year: Jonathan Taylor, RB, Indianapolis Colts
- NFC Offensive Player of the Year: Cooper Kupp, WR, Los Angeles Rams
- AFC Defensive Player of the Year: T.J. Watt, LB, Pittsburgh Steelers
- NFC Defensive Player of the Year: Micah Parsons, LB, Dallas Cowboys
- AFC Coach of the Year: Mike Vrabel, Tennessee Titans
- NFC Coach of the Year: Matt LaFleur, Green Bay Packers
The presentation of the Lamar Hunt Award — created in 2008 to honor the Chiefs founder — will conclude the festivities. It is intended to recognize a person or group that significantly contributed to the NFL and its standing.