We watched an epic game between two outstanding QBs in Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes. If your nerves weren't shot, or had your blood pressure through the roof watching that game then you weren't watching. Victory was decided by a coin flip in overtime Allen called tails, but it was heads which gave Mahomes the opportunity to drive the length of the field and score a touchdown to Travis Kelce and end the game. What a Wild ride!! But, now we face another tough opponent in the Cincinnati Bengals and Joe Burrow.
Here is what we know:
- The Bengals lost to the Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers, New York Jets, Cleveland Browns (x2), Los Angeles Chargers, and the San Fransisco 49ers. Between the six they had an average win percentage of .509. Three teams had a losing record
- The Chiefs lost to the Baltimore Ravens, Los Angeles Chargers, Buffalo Bills, Tennessee Titans, and the Cincinnati Bengals. Between the five they had an average win percentage of .588. All but one team had a winning record.
- Joe Burrow threw for 4611 yards, 36 touchdowns and 13 Interceptions in regular season
- Mahomes threw for 4839 yards, 37 touchdowns, and 13 interceptions in regular season
-Both teams met in week 17 with the Chiefs as -7.5 favorites to win. Joe Burrow threw for 446 yards, 4 touchdowns, 0 interceptions and sacked 4 times. Mahomes threw for 259 yards, 2 touchdowns, 0 interceptions, and 0 sacks. But the Chiefs were penalized 10 times to the Bengals 5.
- The AFC Championship game is going to come down to which team can play the cleaner game.
- The Chiefs are hosting their 4th consecutive AFC Title game with only one loss (to Brady). They have the experience and confidence, and a chip on their shoulder against the Bengals to motivate them to reach a third consecutive Superbowl.
Prediction: Chiefs 36, Bengals 28.