Here is the Chiefs’ first official injury report of the week:
Chiefs Week 1 Injury Report
Browns Week 1 Injury Report
|13||Odell Beckham Jr.||WR||Knee||LP|
|33||Ronnie Harrison Jr.||S||Ankle||LP|
- Kansas City Chiefs backup center Austin Blythe (sports hernia) did some work, per head coach Andy Reid, but not enough for even a limited practice on Wednesday. With Blythe unlikely to go, Nick Allegretti should be in line to back up Creed Humphrey in case of injury on Sunday.
- Chiefs guard Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, who was hindered by a fractured hand throughout training camp, was listed as a full participant, a good sign for his Week 1 availability.
- It was somewhat expected that defensive end Frank Clark (hamstring) and defensive tackle Derrick Nnadi (hip) would be limited participants, but wide receiver Mecole Hardman’s (hip) limited status is a bit of a surprise.
- Safety Tyrann Mathieu does not appear on the injury report, as his presence on the Reserve/COVID-19 list does not count for a Chiefs’ roster spot on their 53.
- Several key Cleveland Browns were limited to start the week, including wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. (knee), cornerbacks Troy Hill (hamstring) and Greedy Williams (groin) and center JC Tretter (knee). These would be four statuses to watch ahead of the game.
- It should be noted that the illness tied to pass rusher Jadeveon Clowney is not COVID, per the Browns.