Each practice day of the season, the Kansas City Chiefs release an official injury report leading up to the next game. This week, the Chiefs host the Los Angeles Chargers on Sunday at Noon Arrowhead Time.
Here is the Chiefs’ final injury report of the week with official designations:
|Chris Harris Jr.||CB||Shoulder||DNP||DNP||DNP||OUT|
|Derwin James Jr.||S||Toe||DNP||FP||FP||-|
|Kenneth Murray Jr.||LB||Ankle||FP||FP||FP|
- Chiefs head coach Andy Reid had a key note on defensive end Frank Clark on Friday — that the current hamstring issue is in the opposite leg than the one he was dealing with in training camp and the preseason. That is a good thing. However, the Chiefs listed Clark as doubtful, all but guaranteeing he won’t play. Defensive end Chris Jones (wrist) is questionable, meaning the Chiefs could be without their top two defensive ends on Sunday against a formidable Chargers passing attack.
- Chiefs cornerback Charvarius Ward (quad) was added to the injury report on Friday and is also questionable for the game.
Charvarius Ward has played 97% of defensive snaps for #Chiefs.— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) September 24, 2021
My thought here on if Ward cannot go: L’Jarius Sneed stays on the outside island, Mike Hughes on the other side, Rashad Fenton in for nickel snaps.
Deandre Baker would project to be active for first time in ’21. https://t.co/OMcDhPkt6n
- Linebacker Anthony Hitchens (abdomen) and defensive tackle Derrick Nnadi (hip), who were limited earlier in the week, are good to go.
- The injury report still does not include linebacker Willie Gay Jr. (toe), who remains on injured reserve and will miss at least this game against the Chargers before his return to the 53-man roster.
- The Chargers’ injuries of note are those of outside linebacker Joey Bosa (foot/ankle) and cornerback Chris Harris Jr. (shoulder) — Bosa is questionable for the game, and Harris is out.
- Chargers head coach Brandon Staley on Bosa’s injury, per Orange County Register’s Gilbert Manzano: “It’s not anything serious or long term, but it’s sore ... Today, he did even more than yesterday. We’re just trying to be careful.”
For Thursday’s Chiefs-Chargers injury notes, click here.