Each practice day of the season, the Kansas City Chiefs release an official injury report leading up to the next game. This week, the Chiefs host the Los Angeles Chargers on Sunday at Noon Arrowhead Time.
Here is the Chiefs’ second official injury report of the week:
|Chris Harris Jr.||CB||Shoulder||DNP||DNP||-||-|
|Derwin James Jr.||S||Toe||DNP||FP||-||-|
|Kenneth Murray Jr.||LB||Ankle||FP||FP||-||-|
- Thursday’s injury report came with bad news and good news for the Chiefs.
- The bad news is that Frank Clark (hamstring) who did not appear on the report to start the week on Wednesday, was placed on the report Thursday as limited. Chiefs head coach Andy Reid should provide more information on the issue in his media appearance Friday afternoon.
- The good news is that two Chiefs who were limited Wednesday were upgraded to full participants on Thursday: linebacker Anthony Hitchens (abdomen) and defensive tackle Derrick Nnadi (hip). Defensive end Chris Jones (wrist) remained limited for the second straight day.
- The injury report still does not include linebacker Willie Gay Jr. (toe), who remains on injured reserve and will miss at least this game against the Chargers before his return to the 53-man roster.
- The Chargers’ injuries of note are those of outside linebacker Joey Bosa (foot ankle) and cornerback Chris Harris Jr. (shoulder) — both have missed the first two practices this week.
- Safety Derwin James (toe) was a full participant on Thurday after missing the practice on Wednesday.
- Chargers head coach Brandon Staley called the Wednesday rest days for Bosa and James, “precautionary.” No word on Thursday’s off day for Bosa.
- Both teams will have their official injury designations for the game on Friday.
For Wednesday’s Chiefs-Chargers injury notes, click here.