Each practice day of the season, the Kansas City Chiefs release an official injury report leading up to the next game. The Chiefs host the Cleveland Browns on Sunday at 3:25 p.m. Arrowhead Time.
Here is the Chiefs’ final injury report of the week with official injury designations:
|Odell Beckham Jr.||WR||Knee||LP||LP||LP||QUEST|
|Ronnie Harrison Jr.||S||Ankle||LP||LP||FP||QUEST|
|Tony Fields II||LB||Illness||-||DNP||DNP||-|
- Safety Tyrann Mathieu does not appear on the injury report, as his continued presence on the Reserve/COVID-19 list does not count for a Chiefs’ roster spot.
- Only one Kansas City Chiefs player has been ruled out for the game: backup center/guard Austin Blythe (sports hernia).
- Frank Clark (hamstring) and defensive tackle Derrick Nnadi (hip) remained limited participants in practice all week; thus they got the questionable status.
- Defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo’s Thursday comments on Clark: “Frank’s really like Tyrann, where you haven’t practiced for a long time. You want to be careful getting him in the game, so we’ll tread lightly with the number of plays. We’re optimistic we can get him for Sunday, but we won’t know that until the end of the week. Hopefully, no setbacks.”
- Wide receiver Mecole Hardman (hip), who was limited on Wednesday, practiced fully on Thursday and Friday and is good to go for the game.
- For the Browns, Odell Beckham Jr. (knee), defensive end Jadeveon Clowney (illness) and center JC Tretter (knee) are all questionable for the game.
- The key injury to watch is that to Beckham, whom Spagnuolo called “the ultimate game wrecker” on Thursday. Head coach Kevin Stefanski on Beckham: “I think he was limited [Friday] so we will use the next 48 hours with all of these guys and determine who is playing and who is not. We will let you know 90 minutes before the game.”
- Beckham, who tore his ACL last season, has yet to participate in any full-contact work prior to Sunday’s game.
- Clowney does not have COVID, per the team. He returned to practice Friday in a limited capacity after missing completely on Wednesday and Thursday.
For Thursday’s Chiefs-Browns injury notes, click here.