(Note: If you can’t see the above YouTube link, click here)
The Kansas City Chiefs released the latest edition of their “Chiefs Kingdom Short” series on Wednesday evening. This episode covered the team’s trade with the Baltimore Ravens for left tackle Orland Brown Jr., as well as their picks made in the NFL Draft.
- 1:40 — Actor and Chiefs superfan Eric Stonestreet and NASCAR driver Clint Bowyer are on hand to welcome Brown on his first day in Kansas City. We know it is his first day from the lucky foxtail he is wearing on his pants. Bowyer eventually puts Brown in a racecar simulator.
- 3:12 — Brown states that he wants to be a Pro Football Hall of Famer one day — citing that leaving Baltimore was one of the more difficult things he had to do but the right move for him. “I’m going to make sure no one in this world touches Pat Mahomes.”
- 4:07 — One of the Chiefs’ Pro Football Hall of Famers, Will Shields, breaks down some Brown film. “What I see here is potential, potential, potential.”
- 6:14 — A throwback to Chiefs rookie linebacker Nick Bolton’s Missouri Pro Day, where assistant director of player personnel Mike Bradway is on hand to watch what would be the team’s top pick in the NFL Draft.
- 8:40 — Bradway, while talking about Bolton, details how difficult it was to assess talent while not being able to watch workouts in person (last year due to the coronavirus pandemic).
- 10:42 — Creed Humphrey notes how special it is to step into the NFL and play and work with the best quarterback in the league.
- 11:04 — Trey Smith: “A goal of mine? I’m trying to destroy the person in front of me. I’m not playing any games. I’m trying to be the most violent person on the field.”