Kansas City Chiefs running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire is on the rise, at least according to the National Football League Players Association (NFLPA). The second-year running back was ranked sixth on a list of 10 veterans on the organization’s “Rising Stars List.”
The NFLPA’s seventh annual list identifies players who are projected to rank among the top sellers of officially licensed player products in the new season. The list is broken up into two sections — rising rookies and rising veterans — and factors in on-field performance, early demand from NFLPA partners for content and marketing, fantasy league status, social media engagement, product submissions from 75-plus NFLPA licensees, team fanbases and new faces in strong markets.
Here is the full veteran list:
1. Jalen Hurts, QB, Philadelphia Eagles
2. Justin Jefferson, WR, Minnesota Vikings
3. Aaron Jones, RB, Green Bay Packers
4. Terry McLaurin, WR, Washington Football Team
5. Jonathan Taylor, RB, Indianapolis Colts
6. Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, Kansas City Chiefs
7. Hunter Henry, TE, New England Patriots
8. A.J. Brown, WR, Tennessee Titans
9. Chase Claypool, WR, Pittsburgh Steelers
10. Darren Waller, TE, Las Vegas Raiders
Edwards-Helaire accumulated 1,100 yards from scrimmage and five total touchdowns in 13 games as a rookie in 2021 — and Chiefs general manager Brett Veach has suggested he expect even bigger things for the running back in 2021, hinting at perhaps even more involvement in the passing game. The number had already stood to improve given the expected additional rushing yards behind a well-revamped offensive line.
RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire, yards from scrimmage in 2021
This poll is closed