Current point spreads released by the Superbook at the Westgate Las Vegas show just one Chiefs matchup — the Week 2 game on the road against the Baltimore Ravens — as a pick ‘em. The Chiefs are favored to win every other game by at least three points — and as many as 10.5.
Here’s what Superbook thinks about the Kansas City season.
- Week 1 vs. Browns: Chiefs -6.5
- Week 2 at Ravens: Even
- Week 3 vs. Chargers: Chiefs -7.5
- Week 4 at Eagles: Chiefs -8
- Week 5 vs. Bills: Chiefs -4.5
- Week 6 at Washington: Chiefs -6.5
- Week 7 at Titans: Chiefs -4.5
- Week 8 vs. Giants: Chiefs -10
- Week 9 vs. Packers: Chiefs -7
- Week 10 at Raiders: Chiefs -7.5
- Week 11 vs. Cowboys: Chiefs -7.5
- Week 13 vs. Broncos: Chiefs -9.5
- Week 14 vs. Raiders: Chiefs -10.5
- Week 15 at Chargers: Chiefs -6.5
- Week 16 vs. Steelers: Chiefs -8.5
- Week 17 at Bengals: Chiefs -7.5
- Week 18 at Broncos: Chiefs -3
The usual disclaimer: point spreads aren’t necessarily how oddsmakers think a particular game will play out. Instead, they are designed to make bettors put an equal amount of money on both teams — which is when the sportsbook will make the most profit from the wagers. So preseason odds like these are a reflection of how oddsmakers think the public will see these games.
Interestingly, the Chiefs are favored by 9.5 points against the Broncos when they play in Kansas City during Week 13 — but by only three points when they play in Denver just five weeks later. It appears that we’re not the only ones who are thinking the Chiefs might be resting their starters in the season’s final week.