Mahomes was the 2018-2019 winner, followed by Baltimore Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson in 2019-2020 and Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers in 2020-2021. Mahomes received two of the 50 votes cast last year.
Here is the full listing for 2021-2022:
- Patrick Mahomes 5/1
- Aaron Rodgers 9/1
- Josh Allen 10/1
- Lamar Jackson, Matthew Stafford 14/1
- Kyler Murray, Tom Brady 16/1
- Dak Prescott 18/1
- Deshaun Watson, Justin Herbert, Russell Wilson 22/1
- Carson Wentz 25/1
- Baker Mayfield, Joe Burrow, Ryan Tannehill 33/1
- Derek Carr, Derrick Henry, Jalen Hurts, Matt Ryan 40/1
- Cam Newton, Christian McCaffrey, Jameis Winston 50/1
- Alvin Kamara, Ben Roethlisberger, Kirk Cousins, Trevor Lawrence, Tua Tagovailoa 66/1
- Dalvin Cook, Daniel Jones, Jared Goff, Jimmy Garoppolo, Zach Wilson 80/1
- Andy Dalton, Davante Adams, DeAndre Hopkins, Drew Lock, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Sam Darnold, Taysom Hill, Travis Kelce, Tyreek Hill 100/1
- Justin Fields, Mac Jones, Stefon Diggs, Teddy Bridgewater, Trey Lance 150/1
A few items stand out on this list.
Besides Mahomes being the odds-on favorite ahead of the last two MVPs, two other Chiefs — tight end Travis Kelce and wide receiver Tyreek Hill — made the cut, sharing 100/1 odds with in-division quarterback Drew Lock of the Denver Broncos.
Another division rival in the Los Angeles Chargers’ Justin Herbert is listed at 22/1, in the same vein as Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson and Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson. Oakland Raiders quarterback Derek Carr checked in at 40/1.
Who wins 2021-2022 AP NFL MVP?
This poll is closed