Each practice day of the season, the Kansas City Chiefs release an official injury report leading up to the next game. This week, the Chiefs host the Denver Broncos on Sunday Night Football at 7:20 p.m. Arrowhead Time.
Here is the Chiefs’ second official injury report of the week:
|Melvin Gordon III||RB||Shoulder/Hip||DNP||DNP||-||-|
- As expected, both wide receivers, Mecole Hardman and Tyreek Hill (non-injury-related), returned to practice on Thursday and are thus off the injury report.
- Cornerback Rashad Fenton (knee) was still out of practice, as was right tackle Lucas Niang (ribs) — which is bad for his game status, considering Niang was limited on Wednesday.
- As a reminder, running back Jerick McKinnon (hamstring), offensive lineman Mike Remmers (knee) and defensive tackle Khalen Saunders (knee) do not appear on the injury report while they remain on injured reserve. Defensive end Josh Kaindoh (high ankle) is currently eligible to return to practice, so we will see if that happens in the near future.
- The Broncos were without six players to start the week on Wednesday, and three of those players returned to the field on Thursday. Running back Melvin Gordon (shoulder/hip) remained out of practice, and Gordon is reportedly a “50-50” call on whether he plays against the Chiefs Sunday night.
- Dalton Risner (back) and defensive end Shelby Harris (ankle) were upgraded to limited participants after missing Wednesday. Guard Quinn Meinerz (knee) and right tackle Bobby Massie (ankle) remained limited. The Broncos reportedly have “hope” for a Massie return this week.
- Starting quarterback Teddy Bridgewater (tibia) was upgraded to a full participant on Thursday after being limited on Wednesday.
- Left tackle Garett Bolles (ankle) returned to the team from the COVID protocol on Thursday and he is being eased back in, as it was his first time back on the field since late October. The team is reportedly optimistic for a Kansas City return. It’s good timing for Denver, as his replacement, Calvin Anderson (ankle/knee) was placed on injured reserve on Thursday. Anderson is technically no longer on the injury report for Sunday night.
For Wednesday’s injury report, click here.