Here is the Chiefs’ second official injury report of the week:
|Chris Jones||DT||NIR Pers-Groin-Wrist||DNP||DNP||-||-|
- The Chiefs had four new additions to their injury report on Friday, something that is never ideal. Quarterback Chad Henne (right finger) practiced fully, right tackle Mike Remmers (knee) and cornerback Charvarius Ward (foot) were limited and safety Tyrann Mathieu (illness) did not practice.
- Head coach Andy Reid should provide more clarity when he speaks to media members on Saturday at 1 p.m. Arrowhead time.
- Three other Chiefs did not practice for the second straight day — linebacker Anthony Hitchens, defensive lineman Chris Jones (groin/wrist), linebacker and defensive tackle Khalen Saunders (knee) — though it is unclear what Jones status would have been had he not been excused from practice due to personal reasons. Reid said that he expects Jones back to the team on Friday evening (More info on their availability here).
- Fullback Michael Burton (pec) was limited for the second straight day.
- Giants key skill-position players, running back Saquon Barkley (ankle) and wide receiver Kenny Golladay (knee), did not practice for the second straight day. However, rookie standout receiver Kadarius Toney (ankle) took the field and was limited.
- Based upon how the Giants have treated injuries this year, it seems only Toney has a legitimate shot of taking the field against the Chiefs.
For Thursday’s injury report, click here.