Each practice day of the season, the Kansas City Chiefs release an official injury report leading up to the next game. This week, the Chiefs are on the road to play the Tennessee Titans on Sunday at Noon Arrowhead Time.
Here is the Chiefs’ final official injury report of the week with official injury designations:
|Rodger Saffold III||G||Shoulder||LP||FP||FP|
- The Chiefs’ portion of the injury report was as expected. Tight end Jody Fortson had surgery on his Achilles on Wednesday and will likely be moved to injured reserve on Saturday. Linebacker Anthony Hitchens (triceps) and fullback Michael Burton (pec) have been ruled out. Hitchens was seen with his right arm in a sling at practice this week.
- With Burton out of the lineup, Chiefs head coach Andy Reid noted running back Darrel Williams can take care of fullback duties — indicating that for plays with a fullback and running back, it will be a combo of Williams and Jerick McKinnon.
- I would expect that the four Chiefs listed as questionable — defensive lineman Chris Jones (wrist), cornerback Charvarius Ward (quad), wide receiver Tyreek Hill (quad) and left guard Joe Thuney (hand) — will play against the Titans. This would mean Jones’ and Ward’s return to the lineup.
- Hill and Thuney missed practice to start the week leading into the Washington Football Team matchup and went on to play.
- Offensive lineman Kyle Long (lower leg) is now eligible to return from the Reserve/PUP (physically unable to perform) list, but he did not return to practice this week.
- Titans left tackle Taylor Lewan has been ruled out due to his concussion from Monday night.
- The key questionable Titans to watch are wide receiver Julio Jones (hamstring) and linebacker Bud Dupree (knee). It is more likely Jones plays than Dupree, given Jones said he felt good after practice, whereas Dupree did not practice after popping up as limited on Thursday.
- Jones, per the Titans’ official website: “I feel pretty good. The weather was nice today, it wasn’t too hot. I was able to get out there and move around. I wasn’t fatigued. So, I feel pretty good. This week, I feel great, I feel good. And I’m excited about Sunday.”
For Thursday’s injury report, click here.