If you’re reading this, we’re assuming you love the Kansas City Chiefs and the community we’ve built here at Arrowhead Pride. Here’s your chance to take that passion to the next level.
Arrowhead Pride is adding a social media assistant to the team. If you already spend time thinking and talking about the Chiefs, why not take that to the next level and get paid for it? Keep reading to see if this may be the perfect opportunity for you.
What does the role entail?
This person will be responsible for helping Arrowhead Pride bring readers the best coverage of the Kansas City Chiefs on the internet. The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing the social voice of Arrowhead Pride.
This is a remote, part-time contract role compensated with a monthly stipend.
What qualifications should you have?
- Social media experience
- A fan-centric passion for sports — especially the NFL and Kansas City Chiefs — and genuine interest in Internet culture
- A demonstrated understanding of social media: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook — and an eagerness to explore and play with emerging platforms
- Experience using real-time tools and native analytics for social networks
- Excellent writing and communication skills and the ability to multitask in our virtual collaborative newsroom
- Familiarity with Arrowhead Pride, the Kansas City Chiefs and their fans
- Flexible schedule — availability for evenings/weekends based upon the Chiefs’ game schedule
- Ability to create social graphics and short-form video a plus but not required
- Tenacious curiosity and a creative approach to storytelling
What would you do?
- Discover real-time breaking news and trending social stories
- Contribute to coverage of live events using social media platforms
- Distribute Arrowhead Pride content, including social-native content, across platforms in a way that’s consistent with Arrowhead Pride’s voice
- Collaborate with our virtual newsroom on story ideas, packaging and surfacing hooks for headlines and adapting our content and voice to social platforms
- Assist in developing Arrowhead Pride’s presence on key emerging platforms in a way that aligns with our editorial stance and expands upon our identity and brand growth.
- Create original social content for platforms like Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
How do you apply?
The position may be located in Kansas City or remote. It is a part-time, contract role compensated with a monthly stipend.
To apply, email Pete.Sweeney@sbnation.com a 280-character cover letter and your résumé — and share three examples of stories or projects that demonstrate your ability to make engaging Internet content. Then answer this question in 4-5 sentences: What does the voice of Arrowhead Pride sound like to you?
Please make the subject of the email, “Arrowhead Pride social media assistant”
Vox Media, SB Nation and Arrowhead Pride are committed to bringing you coverage of the Chiefs from a diverse array of voices and perspectives. If your experience and background do not perfectly align with every single thing we’re looking for, but you believe you have the ability to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.
The deadline to submit applications is Friday, October 29.