Each practice day of the season, the Kansas City Chiefs release an official injury report leading up to the next game. This week, the Chiefs are on the road to play the Washington Football Team on Sunday at Noon Arrowhead Time.
Here is the Chiefs’ second official injury report of the week:
- Seven Chiefs players missed practice on Wednesday due to injury — and of those seven, two returned on Thursday — linebacker Anthony Hitchens (knee), who had limited participation, and defensive tackle Jarran Reed, who only missed Wednesday due to a personal day.
- The players to watch are defensive lineman Chris Jones (wrist) and Charvarius Ward (quad). Neither has practiced this week — and we expect the other Chiefs with injury statuses to be available this week (as of right now).
- Jones missed practice last week and was a game-time decision against Buffalo, and he did not play. Ward missed the last three games with his quad issue, and he suffered a setback (Ward was limited Friday and did not play Sunday night after two full practices Wednesday and Thursday of last week), as confirmed by cornerbacks coach Sam Madison on Thursday.
- Starting running back Antonio Gibson (groin) returned to practice Thursday in limited fashion.
- Washington right tackle Sam Cosmi (ankle) left last week’s game against the New Orleans Saints due to injury. Right guard Brandon Scherff (knee) has not played since Week 4. Both have not practiced to start the week.
- Other did not practice statuses of note include wide receivers Curtis Samuel (groin) and Cam Sims (hamstring).
For Wednesday’s Chiefs-Washington injury notes, click here.