Each practice day of the season, the Kansas City Chiefs release an official injury report leading up to the next game. This week, the Chiefs are on the road to play the Washington Football Team on Sunday at Noon Arrowhead Time.
Here is the Chiefs’ first official injury report of the week:
- As Kansas City Chiefs head coach Andy Reid outlined here at his Wednesday press conference, six Chiefs players missed practice on Wednesday due to injury.
- Of those Chiefs listed, I think the players to watch are defensive lineman Chris Jones (wrist) and Charvarius Ward (quad).
- Jones missed practice last week and was a game-time decision against Buffalo, and he did not play. Ward missed the last three games with his quad issue, and he may have suffered a setback (Ward was limited Friday and did not play Sunday night after two full practices Wednesday and Thursday of last week).
- Perhaps with those two injuries in mind, the Chiefs protected practice squad defensive back Dicaprio Bootle and defensive end Demone Harris. They also protected quarterback Shane Buechele. The Chiefs elevated Harris for the Bills game last week.
- Reid seemed optimistic that the other four players on the list would be OK by the end of the week. The head coach did not mention defensive tackle Jarran Reed, who did not practice but was excused for personal reasons.
- Washington right tackle Sam Cosmi (ankle) left last week’s game against the New Orleans Saints due to injury. Right guard Brandon Scherff (knee) has not played since Week 4. Both did not practice to start the week.
- Other did not practice statuses of note include starting running back Antonio Gibson (groin) and wide receivers Curtis Samuel (groin) and Cam Sims (hamstring).