Each practice day of the season, the Kansas City Chiefs release an official injury report leading up to the next game. The Chiefs host the Cleveland Browns in the NFL’s Divisional round at 2:05 p.m. Arrowhead Time on Sunday.
Here is the Chiefs’ second official injury report of the week:
- Four Chiefs missed practice on Thursday: linebacker Willie Gay (high ankle), wide receiver Sammy Watkins (calf), running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire (high ankle) and tight end Deon Yelder (groin). Edwards-Helaire and Yelder both sat out after being limited in practice on Thursday. Friday’s practice statuses for all four players will be key in their availability for this weekend.
- The good news for the Chiefs on Wednesday was cornerback Rashad Fenton (foot/ankle) returning to the practice field.
- It does not sound like Reid anticipates the return of right tackle Mitchell Schwartz, who remains on injured reserve due to a back issue.
- Reid on Schwartz: “Backs are fickle, so he’s not going to be back this week, and then we’re literally taking that day by day. I mean, these things are crazy. There’s nobody that wants to play more than this guy. You know how he’s wired—you don’t play all the games he played in a row and not enjoy the game. But he physically can’t do that right now, and we’ll just see how it goes down the road. I don’t think anybody’s lost hope in that, just sometimes time is an important thing here.”
- The same three Browns who were absent on Wednesday were absent on Thursday, including right tackle Jack Conklin (hamstring/knee) and linebacker B.J. Goodson (shoulder). Tight end Stephen Carlson (groin) was added to the injury report on Thursday.
For Wednesday’s Chiefs injury report, click here.