Each practice day of the season, the Kansas City Chiefs release an official injury report leading up to the next game. The Chiefs will travel to play the Los Angeles Chargers on Sunday at 3:25 p.m. Arrowhead Time.
Here is the Chiefs’ final injury report of the week with official injury designations:
- It was revealed on Wednesday morning (via NFL Network) that Chiefs defensive tackle Khalen Saunders will be out of action for the next month, so it was expected that he would not play against the Chargers.
- Chiefs cornerback Charvarius Ward fractured his hand and defensive end Alex Okafor hurt his hamstring in the game against the Houston Texans. They will not play against the Chargers. L’Jarius Sneed and Rashad Fenton are expected to start on the outside.
- Chiefs head coach Andy Reid on the cornerbacks: “Our young guys have an opportunity to play, and I think it’s a great thing. They need to do just that, and just step up and enjoy the opportunity they have to be in there and execute and play good, physical football.”
- Only one Los Angeles Charger is doubtful — that is backup running back Justin Jackson.
- Chargers star defensive end Joey Bosa did not practice Wednesday and was limited Thursday before practicing in a full capacity on Friday. Bosa has no injury designation headed into the game and will start.
- Center Mike Pouncey was removed from the injury report, as he was placed on injured reserve with a season-ending hip injury. Fourth-year offensive lineman Dan Feeney will start at center for Los Angeles.