The most unique NFL training camp in league history has begun, with Chiefs rookies and veterans back in Kansas City to ready themselves for the Super Bowl title defense. With camp closed to fans and media (at the moment), the next best thing we have is Training Camp Live, an in-house web show broadcast by the Chiefs on Facebook.
Here are a few things we gleaned from Tuesday’s look-ins, along with timestamps:
- 2:26: Hosts Mitch Holthus and Matt McMullen noted that the Chiefs’ first workout in pads will be Friday.
- 2:35: WR Tyreek Hill had a strong day on Tuesday.
- 7:51: Chad Henne was the second quarterback up after Patrick Mahomes, followed by Matt Moore. Jordan Ta’amu concluded the group.
- 9:48: Initial look at defensive end Alex Okafor coming off his injury, followed by Breeland Speaks, who appears slimmer than he was last season.
- 11:06: Clyde Edwards-Helaire is seen working with special teams coordinator Dave Toub and the returners. Also: WR Gehrig Dieter, WR Jody Fortson, WR Tyreek Hill, RB Elijah McGuire, WR Justice Shelton-Mosley, RB Darwin Thompson
- 16:26: First look at the first-team offense (with Mahomes), and we already see WR Mecole Hardman.
- 16:35: RT Mitch Schwartz, RG Andrew Wylie, C Austin Reiter, LG Mike Remmers, LT Eric Fisher are working with Mahomes. Edwards-Helaire is taking reps with the first team.
- 16:45: RB Darrel Williams is getting reps with Mahomes and the first team.
- 16:50: Mahomes goes deep to Hardman.
- 17:15: TE Nick Keizer is spotted working with Mahomes and the first team. Remmers is with the top team at right guard with Kelechi Osemele at left guard.
- 18:54: First look at the second-team offense (with Henne). FB Anthony Sherman, RB Darwin Thompson and WR Byron Pringle are on the field with second-team offense.
- 20:01: RB DeAndre Washington is currently taking reps with Moore and the third team.
- 22:21: First look at Ta’amu, working with Fortson, Pringle, Dieter and Keizer.