The Kansas City Chiefs selected Michigan defensive end Michael Danna at pick No. 177 overall in the fifth round of the 2020 NFL Draft.
Michael Danna, defensive end
Michigan • 6’1” • 261 pounds
This is the first time in Chiefs defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo’s career that his team has drafted a defensive end below 6’3, weighed less than 260 pounds and had an arm length under 33” — and no player who has missed two of those thresholds has ever played significant snaps at the position. Could this perhaps mean the Chiefs intend to move Danna to SAM linebacker? After a standout career at Central Michigan and a grad transfer, Danna had an underwhelming year at Michigan. It remains to be seen what Kansas City plans for him. I’d be a little bit surprised if he stayed at defensive end.
Chiefs Draft Picks
- First round (32nd): RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire (LSU)
- Second round (63rd): LB Willie Gay Jr. (Mississippi State)
- Third round (96th): OT Lucas Niang (TCU)
- Fourth round (138th): DB L’Jarius Sneed (Louisiana Tech)
- Fifth round (177th): EDGE Michael Danna (Michigan)