Each practice day of the season, the Kansas City Chiefs release an official injury report leading up to the next game. The Chiefs host the Los Angeles Chargers on Sunday at 3:25 p.m. Arrowhead Time.
Here is the Chiefs’ first official injury report of the week:
- Six Chiefs were out for the second day in a row — running back Le’Veon Bell (knee), wide receiver Tyreek Hill (hamstring), right tackle Mike Remmers (back), running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle), linebacker Ben Niemann (hamstring) and wide receiver Sammy Watkins (calf).
- Kansas City has already expressed that having won the AFC’s No. 1 seed, it will rest starters on Sunday. That is likely to include many if not all of the players listed above so that they can be at full health for the playoffs.
- Linebacker Damien Wilson (knee) continued to practice with a limited status.
- Andy Reid mentioned earlier in the week that linebacker Dorian O’Daniel (high ankle) returned to practice, but he will not appear on an injury report until he is activated from injured reserve.
- Two Chiefs were added to the list on Thursday — defensive end Frank Clark (illness) and defensive tackle Derrick Nnadi (knee). Both were limited at practice. Clark was questionable with an illness last week but ultimately played against the Atlanta Falcons.
- Chargers wide receiver Keenan Allen has been placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list, ruling him out for Week 17 and ending his 2020 season.
For Wednesday’s Chiefs injury report, click here.