Each practice day of the season, the Kansas City Chiefs release an official injury report leading up to the next game. The Chiefs host the Denver Broncos on Sunday Night Football this week at 7:20 p.m. Arrowhead Time.
Here is the Chiefs’ first official injury report of the week:
- Three players missed practice for the Kansas City Chiefs on Thursday — cornerback Bashaud Breeland (illness), linebacker Dorian O’Daniel (high ankle) and running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire (illness).
- O’Daniel suffered a high ankle sprain in the Chiefs’ last game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, as revealed by Chiefs special teams coordinator Dave Toub on Thursday. Those take a while to heal, so it remains to be seen if the Chiefs place O’Daniel on injured reserve. The additions to injured reserve have typically happened on Saturdays this year.
- Toub on O’Daniel’s special teams play: “He had a big role for us. He’s a four-phase starter. He’s on every phase. He was playing at a Pro Bowl level. This year, he’s our leading tackler. He’s doing great with blocking, so we’re going to miss him until he comes back.”
- Offensive lineman Martinas Rankin (knee) and defensive lineman Tanoh Kpassagnon (hip) were upgraded from limited on Wednesday to full participants on Thursday.
- Broncos starting linebacker Malik Reed (shin) and running back Phillip Lindsay (knee) missed the first practice of the week but were upgraded to limited participants on Thursday.
For Wednesday’s Chiefs-Broncos injury report, click here.