Each practice day of the season, the Kansas City Chiefs release an official injury report leading up to the next game. The Chiefs travel to face the New Orleans Saints Sunday at 3:25 p.m. Arrowhead Time.
Here is the Chiefs’ final injury report of the week with official injury designations:
- Chiefs running back Darwin Thompson (illness) and linebacker Damien Wilson have officially been ruled out for the game. Right tackle Mike Remmers (back) was doubtful but was downgraded to out for the game on Saturday. When Remmers was hurt last week, rookie Yasir Durant checked into the game at tackle.
- With the additional news that left tackle Eric Fisher (back) is officially questionable, head coach Andy Reid was asked about the potential impact on the offensive line.
- REID: “One of the good things, if there is a good thing—the way it’s set up now is you can have these veteran players in on your practice squad, so you’ve got enough people here. I think it’s kind of a neat deal. It’s a little bit of a storage area or farm system, whatever you want to call it, but it’s good to have those guys and we were able to bring a couple of those types of players in at different positions. So, it helps you in this type of situation. If Remmers can’t go, then we’ve got guys that have played in the league and can step in and play.”
- Fisher practiced with a full designation on Friday, a good sign for his availability; Wilson will miss his second game in a row with the knee issue.
- Both right guard Nick Easton (concussion) and wide receiver Michael Thomas (ankle) have been ruled out for the Saints. Thomas’ absence in the game is especially significant, as he is the Saints’ most talented receiver.
- Chiefs wide receiver Byron Pringle and Saints quarterback Drew Brees have been designated to return from injured reserve but are not yet on the roster, so they do not appear on the report. Their additions are expected to happen on Saturday, and Brees is expected to start.
For the Thursday Chiefs injury report, click here.