Each practice day of the season, the Kansas City Chiefs release an official injury report leading up to the next game. The Chiefs travel to face the New Orleans Saints Sunday at 3:25 p.m. Arrowhead Time.
Here is the Chiefs’ first official injury report of the week:
- The Chiefs were missing both their offensive tackles for the second day in a row on Thursday. Right tackle Mike Remmers hurt his back in the team’s game against the Miami Dolphins. Chiefs head coach Andy Reid said Wednesday that left tackle Eric Fisher has a tight back. We covered potential solutions along the offensive line in this post.
- With the Miami Dolphins reportedly signing Marcus Kemp to their practice squad, the Chiefs have lost some key special teamers in recent weeks (Dorian O’Daniel is on injured reserve and Darwin Thompson missed practice due to illness on Thursday), special teams coordinator Dave Toub was asked about a potential lack of depth.
- TOUB: “I’m always concerned. It’s always a stressful situation, but nothing that doesn’t come with the job every week. This week, a little bit more, maybe possibly. But it’s still early in the week. We still have Friday and guys could come back, so we’re waiting to see what happens there. But really, with the new practice squad rules, and the new COVID rules, it’s a lot easier to bring guys up. You have that flexibility.”
- Linebacker Damien Wilson (knee) missed his fifth practice in a row. He did not play in Sunday’s game against the Dolphins.
- Both right guard Nick Easton (concussion) and wide receiver Michael Thomas (ankle) remained out of practice for the Saints on Thursday.
- Chiefs wide receiver Byron Pringle and Saints quarterback Drew Brees have been designated to return from injured reserve but are not yet on the roster, so they do not appear on the report.
For the Wednesday Chiefs injury report, click here.