Each practice day of the season, the Kansas City Chiefs release an official injury report leading up to the next game. This week, the Chiefs are on the road against the Las Vegas Raiders on Sunday Night Football.
Here is the Chiefs’ first official injury report of the week:
- Only two players did not practice for the Chiefs — cornerback BoPete Keyes (stomach illness) and defensive end Taco Charlton (fractured ankle).
- Chiefs head coach Andy Reid noted that Alex Okafor (ankle) returned to practice, and the Chiefs have designated for him to return from injured reserve. Both Okafor and cornerback L’Jarius Sneed (shoulder) don’t appear on the injury report, as Kansas City has yet to activate them from IR.
- Anyone currently on the reserve/COVID-19 list does not appear on the injury report, either. This includes Chiefs offensive linemen Eric Fisher, Mitchell Schwarz and Martinas Rankin, as well as wide receiver Mecole Hardman. They did not practice. There were also six Raiders added to their list on Wednesday.
- Offensive lineman Mike Remmers (rib) and cornerback Rashad Fenton (ankle) were the only two players listed as limited participants for the Chiefs.
- Wide receiver Sammy Watkins participated in a full practice for the first time since injuring his hamstring in the last game against the Raiders, which was back in Week 5. He is tracking to return for Sunday Night Football.
- Patrick Mahomes on Watkins on Wednesday: “He’s a threat in every way. The way he’s able to catch the ball in traffic, the way he’s able to catch the ball and have this breakaway speed and still be able to score and be a big body. He’s someone that we utilize a lot in this offense so, hopefully he’s back out there and we can incorporate him into the good stuff we’ve been doing lately, and he’ll be up to speed and ready to go.”
- On the Raiders side, defensive tackle Maurice Hurst (ankle) and left tackle Kolton Miller (ankle) logged their first practices since Week 8 and could return Sunday for Week 11 against the Chiefs. Only backup running back Jalen Richard (chest) officially missed the workout.