Here is the Chiefs’ final injury report of the week with official designations:
- Right tackle Mitch Schwartz (back) and wide receiver Sammy Watkins (hamstring) missed practice this week — and once again, won’t play. Schwartz had to leave the game against the Bills after one series and did not play against the Broncos. Watkins missed both games entirely.
- Safety Armani Watts (illness) was back to practice on Friday and will be good to play on Sunday.
- Defensive tackle Chris Jones (groin) noted that he “was good” during the Chiefs’ media availability on Thursday. He then was a full participant on Thursday and Friday. He will play against the Jets.
- He is not on the injury report as he returns from injured reserve, but defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo mentioned defensive end Mike Danna has looked great after his return to practice. Andy Reid on Danna playing this weekend: “There’s a chance. He’s had a good week of practice. We’ll go through all this, (Brett) Veach does all that, and we’ll talk here and just see where we’re at with it. But he practiced well this week.”
- Chiefs fullback Anthony Sherman remains on the COVID-19 list. Reid on Sherman: “Well, he’s not enjoying that, from that standpoint. But he’s doing what he has to do, and he’ll be back here in a bit, so we’re just kind of taking it day-by-day for him. But he’s not in harm right now, so he’s in a good place right now.”
- All three Jets that we noted to watch this week are unlikely to play: wide receiver Jamison Crowder (groin) is doubtful, while wide receiver Breshad Perriman (concussion) and safety Bradley McDougald (shoulder) are both listed as out. The Jets will also need another kicker, as Sam Ficken is officially doubtful for this game.
For the Thursday Chiefs injury report, click here.