Each practice day of the season, the Kansas City Chiefs release an official injury report leading up to the next game. The Chiefs travel to Denver to play the Broncos Sunday at 3:25 p.m. Arrowhead Time.
Here are the final injury reports of the week for both teams — including each team’s official injury designations:
- The Chiefs will be without defensive end Taco Charlton (knee), defensive end Alex Okafor (hamstring), wide receiver Sammy Watkins (hamstring) and right tackle Mitch Schwartz (back) for the game. The Chiefs plan to go with the same offensive line that finished last game.
- Schwartz had yet to miss a start in 134 games over the first nine years of his career. Schwartz entered last game with a questionable status and left after Kansas City’s first series.
- Broncos left guard Dalton Risner is officially listed as questionable for the game, as are tight ends Andrew Beck (hamstring) and Jake But (hamstring). Former Chiefs linebacker (camp) Jeremiah Attaochu (quad) and wide receiver Diontae Spencer (shoulder) are out.
- Earlier this week, Broncos head coach Vic Fangio said that key players in tight end Noah Fant (ankle), wide receiver KJ Hamler (hamstring) and cornerback A.J. Bouye (shoulder) all have “a chance” to return to the lineup against the Chiefs. All three will indeed play on Sunday.
- Bouye and defensive end Dre’Mont Jones will be activated off injured reserve for the game.
So after weeks of playing somewhat shorthanded, the Broncos will get A.J. Bouye, Noah Fant, Melvin Gordon, KJ Hamler and Dre'Mont Jones back against the Chiefs.— Aric DiLalla (@AricDiLalla) October 23, 2020
Could potentially have Dalton Risner, as well.
Particularly on offense, the Broncos will get an influx of speed.
For Thursday’s injury report, click here.