Many of you here at Arrowhead Pride began voting on various things concerning the Kansas City Chiefs and matters across the NFL last year and this past offseason. This is part of SB Nation’s FanPulse tool, which sends weekly questions to the city’s most plugged-in and dedicated Chiefs fans via email.
Let’s check in on FanPulse ahead of the AFC title game...
- Following the bye, three in every four Chiefs fans (75%) said they were confident in the direction of the team. That number was up to 82% after the 40-9 win over the Raiders and rose to 90% after the Chiefs’ 23-16 win over the New England Patriots.
- After Patrick Mahomes’ snow game against the Broncos, fan confidence was back up to 95%, the highest it had been since Week 4.
- 97% of Chiefs fans were confident in the direction of the team headed into Week 17, and that actually dipped one percentage point to 96% following Week 17 and clinching the first-round playoff bye. Entering the Divisional round, Chiefs fan confidence stood at 94%. That is up to 96% heading into the AFC title game.
In our national questions, fans were asked about the conference title games...
- Just over 61% of fans believe the Kansas City Chiefs will advance, and 67% of fans think they will meet the San Francisco 49ers.
Fans were also asked who they want to see win the Super Bowl.
- 43.6% of NFL fans want to see the Chiefs win it all.
- 31.9% like the Tennessee Titans.
- 15.6% are favoring the San Francisco 49ers.
- Only 8.7% of fans like the Green Bay Packers, the lowest percentage of the support.
It is fun for Kansas City that so many people are rooting for the Chiefs, but that should be enjoyed now. As is the case of teams who have yearly success, that number might dip as the winning continues.
Do you agree with this week’s FanPulse?
This poll is closed