Each practice day, the Kansas City Chiefs will release an official injury report leading up to the next game. The Chiefs take on the Jacksonville Jaguars at TIAA Bank Field on Sunday at Noon Arrowhead Time.
Here is the Chiefs’ first official injury report of the week:
- The Chiefs listed four players — S Tyrann Mathieu (shoulder), S Armani Watts (shoulder), RB Darrel Williams (shoulder) and tight end Deon Yelder — on their injury report to start the week. Their full-practice designation is a great sign that they will play on Sunday.
- We have known about the injuries to Mathieu and Yelder, and our in-house injury expert, Aaron Borgmann, suspects the Watts and Williams treatments must simply be “maintenance.”
- The Jaguars were not scheduled to practice Wednesday due to the storm, but they still owe the league an injury report, anyway.
- Even though Jaguars quarterback Nick Foles is listed on the Wednesday report as a limited participant, NFL Network’s James Palmer says he is “fully expected” to play Sunday against the Chiefs. Old friend DJ Alexander is only listed as a limited participant for the Jaguars due to a hamstring issue.
- OL Cedric Ogbuehi and TE Josh Oliver would have missed work to start the week, both due to hamstring injuries. Ogbuehi is a backup tackle for the Jags, while Olvier is a backup tight end.