In a game that saw five turnovers in the third quarter and three lead changes in the fourth quarter, the Kansas City Chiefs finally defeated the Detroit Lions 34-30 with a last-minute touchdown at Ford Field.
- First Drive: Running back LeSean McCoy took the first carry of the game for a small loss. Quarterback Patrick Mahomes completed passes to tight ends Travis Kelce and Deon Yelder for three first downs in a row. Mahomes then threw three incomplete passes, which forced the Chiefs to kick a 36-yard field goal, but Harrison Butker missed it.
- Second Drive: McCoy picked up four yards on his first carry of the drive. Mahomes ran for his longest scramble of the season for 25 yards to convert on third down and completed a deep pass to wide receiver Sammy Watkins for 31 yards to get in the red zone. Watkins had a touchdown pass punched out by Lions cornerback Justin Coleman in the end zone on third down and the Chiefs were forced to take a field goal. Lions 10, Chiefs 3
- Third Drive: Mahomes only completed one pass on the drive and the Chiefs went three-and-out.
- Fourth Drive: McCoy took the first carry of the drive for a 39-yard gain. Completed passes from Mahomes put the Chiefs into the red zone for the third time in the game, and they finally found the end zone on a run from McCoy. Lions 10, Chiefs 10
- Fifth Drive: Watkins caught a pass for 19 yards, and running back Damien Williams followed it up a couple of plays later with a 30-yard reception. The Chiefs hit a field goal to end the half. Lions 13, Chiefs 13
- Sixth Drive: Running back Darrel Williams fumbled five plays into the drive to give the ball back to Detroit.
- Seventh Drive: Chiefs started the drive with a 15-yard reception from Demarcus Robinson. Watkins fumbled a reception for the Chiefs third turnover of the game.
- Eighth Drive: Mahomes started the drive with a 24-yard pass to Kelce. Later in the drive, Kelce hauled in a reception and flipped it to McCoy for a 23-yard gain. With 2nd & goal to go, Williams redeemed himself with rushing TD. Chiefs 27, Lions 23
- Ninth Drive: Kelce helped the Chiefs convert their first third down of the drive with an 18-yard reception, but the Chiefs failed to convert on the next series and punted the ball.
- Tenth Drive: Trailing 30-27, the Chiefs went for it on fourth down and Mahomes took it on himself to convert with a 15-yard run. A 16-yard catch from Kelce put the Chiefs in field goal range. A 13-yard reception from wide receiver Byron Pringle gave the Chiefs first-and-goal to go and Williams punched it in to give the Chiefs the lead. Chiefs 34, Lions 30
- First drive: Detroit running back Kerryon Johnson took the first carry for five yards, and quarterback Matthew Stafford followed it up with a big 33-yard completion to wide receiver Kenny Golladay. Wide recevier Marvin Jones caught a 19-yard pass to put the Detroit into the red zone. Chiefs DE Alex Okafor got a sack on third down to force Detroit to settle for three points. Lions 3, Chiefs 0
- Second Drive: Chiefs started the drive with back-to-back penalties, and a few plays later gave up a 33-yard completion on third and long. Stafford completed a pass to rookie TE T.J. Hockenson in the red zone for a five-yard TD. Lions 10, Chiefs 0
- Third Drive: Golladay caught his second pass of the day for 13 yards, but the Chiefs defense responded on the following third down with a sack from defensive lineman Chris Jones.
- Fourth Drive: On the first play of the drive, Jones had a sack reversed due to a holding penalty. On the following third down Chiefs cornerback Bashaud Breeland bropke up a pass to force Detroit to punt.
- Fifth Drive: The Lions started the drive with back-to-back first down gains. The Chiefs stop the run on the following drive to force Detroit to take a field goal. Lions 13, Chiefs 10
- Sixth Drive: The Lions took advantage of a short field create by a special teams turnover and started the half with a couple of runs to Johnson for a first down. Stafford’s pass to Golladay was initially called a five-yard TD pass, but it was reversed after further review. Stafford fumbled the ball on the next play and the Chiefs took possession.
- Seventh Drive: A face mask penalty early in the drive by the Chiefs gave Detroit first-and-goal, but a fumble on the goal line is recovered by Breeland and returned for a touchdown. Chiefs 20, Lions 13
- Eighth Drive: Lions started their drive with a 22-yard catch by Johnson, but the drive only lasted seven plays and Detroit made a 53-yard field goal. Chiefs 20, Lions 16
- Ninth Drive: Detroit was once again in the red zone after a Chiefs turnover, and score on a nine-yard reception from Golladay. Lions 23, Chiefs 20
- Tenth Drive: Chiefs safety Tyran Mathieu with a 14-yard sack on third down forced the Lions to punt.
- Eleventh Drive: The Lions converted their first third down of the drive and later completed a deep pass to wide receiver Marvin Hall for 34 yards. Detroit finished the drive with a six-yard touchdown catch from Golladay. Lions 30, Chiefs 27
- Twelfth Drive: Stafford completed a deep pass to Jones for 25 yards to get to the middle of the field but couldn’t score on back-to-back Hail Mary throws to end the game.
- Wide receiver Byron Pringle took out the first kick return for the Chiefs.
- Harrison Butker missed his first field goal of the day from 36 yards and made his second from 23 yards out.
- Wide receiver DeAnthony Thomas returned the first punt of the game for Kansas City and fumbled it, but KC recovered.
- Wide receiver Mecole Hardman fumbled a kick return to start the second half.
- Lions safety Quandre Diggs was ruled out of the game after an injury.
- Lions TE T.J. Hockenson was ruled out after a hard fall in the third quarter.
- Chiefs DL Alex Okafor was ruled out due to a hip injury.
- Chiefs LB Damien Wilson left the game early with an injury.
|Net Punting Avg Yds||46.0||42.7|
|Field Goals (Made/Att)||2/3||3/3|
|Goal to go (Made/Att/Pct)||3/4/75%||2/5/40%|
|Red Zone (Made/Att/Pct)||3/5/60%||3/6/50%|
|Extra Points (Made/Att)||4/4||3/3|
|2Pt Conv (Made/Att)||0/0||0/0|
|Passing 1st downs||16||17|
|Rushing 1st downs||8||8|
|1st downs from penalties||5||4|
|3rd down (Made/Att/Pct)||4/9/44%||5/13/38%|
|4th down (Made/Att/Pct)||1/1/100%||0/0/0%|
|Yards per play||6.5||6.1|
|Total Rtn Yds (No KOs)||3||/1|
|Punt Returns (Num/Yds)||2/3||1//1|
|Kickoff Returns (Num/Yds)||6/142||2/29|
|Int. Returns (Num/Yds)||0/0||0/0|
|Time of Possession||26:06||33:54|
|Yards per pass||7.50||6.90|
|Yards per rush||4.90||5.30|
|Kickoff Return TDs||0||0|
|Fumble Returns TDs||1||0|
|Punt Return TDs||0||0|
|Marvin Jones Jr.||3||77||25.7||0||33||5||6|
|CHIEFS FUMBLES||FUM||LOST||FF||REC |
|LIONS FUMBLES||FUM||LOST||FF||REC |
|Damon Harrison Sr.||1||1||0||0.0||0.0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|CHIEFS KICK RET||NO||YDS||AVG||LG||TD|
|LIONS KICK RET||NO||YDS||AVG||LG||TD|
|CHIEFS PUNT RET||NO||YDS||AVG||LG||TD|
|LIONS PUNT RET||NO||YDS||AVG||LG||TD|
|@Jaguars||TIAA Bank Field||Won |
|Ravens||Arrowhead Stadium||Won |
|@Lions||Ford Field||Won |
|Colts||Arrowhead Stadium||7:20 PM |
|Texans||Arrowhead Stadium||12:00 PM |
|@Broncos||Broncos Stadium |
at Mile High
|7:20 PM |
|Packers||Arrowhead Stadium||7:20 PM |
|Vikings||Arrowhead Stadium||12:00 PM |
|@Titans||Nissan Stadium||12:00 PM |
|@Chargers||Estadio Azteca |
|7:15 PM |
|Raiders||Arrowhead Stadium||12:00 PM |
|@Patriots||Gillette Stadium||3:25 PM |
|Broncos||Arrowhead Stadium||12:00 PM |
|@Bears||Soldier Field||7:20 PM |
|Chargers||Arrowhead Stadium||12:00 PM |