Chiefs practice squad members
- TE Nick Keizer
- WR Cody Thompson
- OL Jimmy Murray
- WR Jody Fortson
- RB Marcus Marshall
- QB Kyle Shurmur
- DB Alex Brown
- LB Emmanuel Smith
- DE Cameron Malveaux
- DB Torry McTyer
Cuts, waiver claims, practice squad news, updates
- 2:29 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The Chiefs have announced the remaining four players on their practice squad.
- 5:11 p.m. Arrowhead Time: Chiefs make aforementioned six practice squad members official. They also announced they have signed back offensive lineman Jeff Allen and released linebacker Jeremiah Attaochu. Chad Henne has been moved to injured reserve.
- 2:47 p.m. Arrowhead Time: Former Chiefs OL Kahlil McKenzie has been signed to the Seattle Seahawks practice squad, per Curtis Crabtree of Sports Radio KJR. These were Chiefs GM Brett Veach’s comments on McKenzie during Saturday afternoon’s conference call: “He made really good improvements and strides from year one to year two. I think he’s still on the upswing. You never know how these things work, maybe a team claims him or there’s practice squad. There’s still time to develop these guys... Nothing but positive on Kahlil, he’s done a great job and continues to get better. We will see how this goes and maybe he will be back here.”
- 1 p.m. Arrowhead Time: WR Jody Fortson is being signed to the Chiefs’ practice squad, per Matt Derrick of Chiefs Digest. Fortson caught our eye early in camp but really proved his worth in the Chiefs’ final preseason game when he had two catches for 38 yards (including a gorgeous 36-yarder) and a touchdown.
- 12:23 p.m. Arrowhead Time: WR Cody Thompson is being signed to the Chiefs’ practice squad, per Charles Goldman of Chiefs Wire. Thompson led the Chiefs with 12 receptions for 108 yards this preseason
- 12:26 p.m. Arrowhead Time: OL Jimmy Murray is being signed to the Chiefs’ practice squad, per Matt Derrick of Chiefs Digest.
- Noon Arrowhead Time: No other team claimed wide receiver Felton Davis or defensive back Michael Hunter, and they have been moved to the Chiefs’ injured reserve list, according to the NFL’s official transaction report. The Chiefs did not claim anyone, and no Chiefs cut was claimed by another club.
- 11:32 a.m. Arrowhead Time: TE Nick Keizer is being signed to the Chiefs’ practice squad, per his agent, Evan Brennan, via Matt Derrick of Chiefs Digest. Keizer had eight receptions for 57 yards and a touchdown this preseason.