The NFL transactions report for Tuesday lists eight moves for the Kansas City Chiefs — all of which occurred after Monday’s release of their first 90-man roster.
Four players have been released:
- WR Jamire Jordan (Fresno State) (Injured)
- WR Andre Lindsey (Sacramento State)
- DB Leon McQuay (Southern California)
- DB Dakari Monroe (San Jose State)
Four other players have been signed:
- WR Rashard Davis (James Madison)
- RB Marcus Marshall (James Madison)
- DB Herb Miller (Florida Atlantic)
- DB Andrew Soroh (Florida Atlantic)
We reported Marshall’s signing late Monday night, and the signings of Miller and Soroh on Tuesday afternoon.
Rashard Davis has already been under contract with two NFL teams. He spent 2017 bouncing on and off the Philadelphia Eagles practice squad. In 2018, he did much the same with the Oakland Raiders. The Raiders eventually signed him to a reserve/futures contract in January, but released him at the end of April.
Davis played 50 games at JMU, tallying 1,549 yards and 11 touchdowns on 114 receptions. He also recorded 852 yards and four touchdowns on 40 punt and kickoff returns. He was a STATS FCS first-team All-American in his senior season in 2016.
One other note: NFL free agent transactions from this point forward will not count in compensatory pick calculations for the 2020 NFL draft, so you can expect to see some additional roster moves around the league over the next few days.