The Kansas City Chiefs used their sixth and final pick of the 2019 NFL Draft in the seventh round on Illinois center Nick Allegretti.
C Nick Allegretti
Illinois • 6’4” • 320 pounds
Reaction: Allegretti was a three-year starter and two-time captain for the Illini. It makes a ton of sense to add depth and competition late in the draft along the interior of the offensive line. The Chiefs have been good about finding value players who can execute in their outside zone-heavy scheme late in the draft. I would imagine Allegretti fits that profile.
Chiefs 2019 NFL Draft picks (six picks)
- Round 2: Pick No. 56 overall — Georgia WR Mecole Hardman
- Round 2: Pick No. 63 overall — Virginia S Juan Thornhill
- Round 3: Pick No. 84 overall — Western Illinois DT Khalen Saunders
- Round 6: Pick No. 201 overall — South Carolina CB Rashad Fenton
- Round 6: Pick No. 214 overall — Utah State RB Darwin Thompson
- Round 7: Pick No. 216 overall — Illinois C Nick Allegretti
Selection time limits
- Day 2: Round 2 (seven minutes per pick) • Round 3 (five minutes per pick)
- Day 3: Rounds 4-6 (five minutes per pick) • Round 7 (four minutes per pick)
- (Compensatory picks = four minutes)
Grade the pick of Illinois C Nick Allegretti at 214.
This poll is closed