NFL free agency officially began on Wednesday, March 13, at 3 p.m. Arrowhead Time.
Subscribe to the Arrowhead Pride podcast channel by clicking here.
Chiefs-related rumors and roster moves so far
- 10:37 a.m. Arrowhead Time: Chiefs free agent defensive tackle Allen Bailey is visiting the Seattle Seahawks.
- 5:05 p.m. Arrowhead Time: Chiefs placekicker Harrison Butker and defensive tackle Justin Hamilton have signed their exclusive rights free agent contract tenders. Safety Jordan Lucas has signed his restricted free agent contract tender.
- 3:20 p.m. Arrowhead Time: Former Chiefs OL Parker Ehinger — waived by the Cowboys — has been claimed by the Jacksonville Jaguars
- 4:51 p.m. Arrowhead Time: It looks like former Packers and AAF linebacker Chris Odom will be going to minicamp for a tryout with the Chiefs.
- 4:01 p.m. Arrowhead Time: Chiefs free agent RB Spencer Ware is visiting the New York Jets
- 1:35 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The New England Patriots had visits with two free agents: wide receiver Demaryius Thomas and running back T.J. Yeldon
- 12:56 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The New England Patriots have signed free agent tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins (formerly with the Jacksonville Jaguars) to a one-year contract
- 4:06 p.m. Arrowhead Time: According to the official NFL transactions report, Chiefs free agent running back Spender Ware is visiting the Indianapolis Colts, and Denver Broncos free agent linebacker Shane Ray is visiting the Oakland Raiders.
- 5:03 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The Chiefs sign linebacker Jerry Attaochu from the New York Jets
- 11:44 a.m. Arrowhead Time: Chiefs free agent defensive lineman Allen Bailey is visiting the Carolina Panthers Monday. The Chiefs reportedly remain in the mix to bring him back, with the Patriots also involved.
- 3:33 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The Pittsburgh Steelers have signed C J.C. Hassenauer and DB Jack Tocho.
- 3:04 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The Oakland Raiders sign defensive end Alex Barrett.
- 1:50 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The Baltimore Ravens are signing former Raiders wide receiver Seth Roberts.
- 7:18 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The Denver Broncos have signed former AAF (and Chiefs) CB D’Vante Bausby
- 3:21 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The Oakland Raiders have given Chiefs free agent RB Charcandrick West a tryout.
- 2:12 p.m. Arrowhead Time: Chiefs sign former AAF Orlando Apollos (and Kansas City Chief) CB Keith Reaser.
- 5:20 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The Chiefs released reserve defensive back Step Durham
- 1:34 p.m. Arrowhead Time: Wide receiver Ryan Grant has signed a one-year deal with the Oakland Raiders.
- 3:58 p.m. Arrowhead Time: Exclusives right free agent wide receiver Marcus Kemp has officially signed his tender, per the NFL’s official transaction report.
- 3:36 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The Chiefs have traded safety Eric Murray to the Cleveland Browns for defensive end Emmanuel Ogbah.
- 9:29 a.m. Arrowhead Time: The Cleveland Browns have waived wide receiver Ricardo Louis
- 9:17 a.m. Arrowhead Time: Cleveland Browns defensive end Emmanuel Ogbah didn’t report offseason program, saying he expects to be traded
- 6:46 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The Oakland Raiders have signed tight end Luke Wilson from the Detroit Lions
- 3:52 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The Oakland Raiders have signed Denver Broncos linebacker Brandon Marshall to a one-year deal worth up to $4.1 million
- 3:17 p.m. Arrowhead Time: Oakland Raiders sign running back Isaiah Crowell to a one-year deal.
9:01 a.m. Arrowhead Time: Oakland Raiders (and former Green Bay Packers) wide receiver Jordy Nelson is retiring, according to former Green Bay teammate James Jones.
7:17 p.m. Arrowhead Time: Former New York Jets running back Isaiah Crowell will visit the Oakland Raiders on Thursday.
11:17 a.m. Arrowhead Time: After being courted by multiple teams, Oakland Raiders tight end Jared Cook will sign a two-year deal worth $15.5 million with the New Orleans Saints
10:00 am Arrowhead Time: The Oakland Raiders have signed former Pittsburgh Steelers (and Jacksonville Jaguars) quarterback Landry Jones
- 5:30 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The Chiefs have waived OL Dillon Gordon, according to the league’s official transaction report.
- 11:23 a.m. Arrowhead Time: Defensive end Ziggy Ansah is in a bit of a holding pattern until mid-April, his agent said.
- 9:45 a.m. Arrowhead Time: Cornerback EJ Gaines is headed back to the Buffalo Bills on a one-year contract.
- 8:46 a.m. Arrowhead Time: Allen Bailey is still under contract negotiations with the New England Patriots as of Monday morning, but the Chiefs are trying to retain him. The Carolina Panthers are also reportedly involved.
- 4:26 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The Oakland Raiders have signed former Arizona Cardinals backup quarterback Mike Glennon.
- 3:14 p.m. Arrowhead Time: Denver Broncos linebacker Shane Ray visited the Indianapolis Colts
- 11:35 a.m. Arrowhead Time: The Sausage returns! The Chiefs have signed their free agent fullback Anthony Sherman to a one-year contract.
- 10:04 a.m. Arrowhead Time: New York Giants safety Curtis Riley is signing with the Oakland Raiders after visiting the team earlier this week.
- 8:27 a.m. Arrowhead Time: Another safety on the market. The Pittsburgh Steelers have informed veteran Morgan Burnett — signed from the Green Bay Packers on a three-year contract just last year — that he will be released by the end of the month.
- 4:28 p.m. Arrowhead Time: Former Minnesota Vikings and Cincinnati Bengals safety George Iloka is visiting the Dallas Cowboys on Friday, suggesting that former Chiefs safety Eric Berry may no longer be under consideration in Dallas.
- 2:55 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The Indianapolis Colts have signed former Chiefs linebacker Justin Houston to a two-year contract worth $24 million. Houston will play defensive end for the Colts.
- 1:11 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The Cincinnati Bengals have signed cornerback Darqueze Dennard, who was rumored to be of interest to the Chiefs.
- 1:05 p.m. Arrowhead Time: Former Chiefs offensive lineman Jordan Devey is signing with the Raiders.
- 10:09 p.m. Arrowhead Time: Detroit Lions starting cornerback Nevin Lawson is going to the Oakland Raiders, signing a one-year deal worth $3 million.
- 3:00 p.m. Arrowhead Time: Former Denver Broncos starting quarterback Trevor Siemien has moved from the Minnesota Vikings to the New York Jets, signing a one-year deal to back up Sam Darnold.
- 2:22 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The Denver Broncos will host former Missouri quarterback Drew Lock on a pre-draft visit.
- 12:46 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The Chicago Bears announced they are bringing back former Chiefs quarterback Tyler Bray on a one-year deal.
- 11:44 a.m. Arrowhead Time: The Raiders are hosting S George Iloka, CB Tyler Patmon and S Curtis Riley. This is probably the perfect time to remind everybody that Super Bowls aren’t won in March.
- 7:54 p.m. Arrowhead Time: Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews has signed with the Los Angeles Rams.
- 7:22 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The Oakland Raiders have signed Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict to a one-year contract.
- 4:43 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The Dallas Cowboys are signing wide receiver Randall Cobb.
- 4:07 p.m. Arrowhead Time: Eric Berry’s Dallas visit has concluded, and more visits are expected, per friend of the site Terez Paylor of Yahoo! Sports.
- 4:00 p.m. Arrowhead Time: Former Lions cornerback Nevin Lawson will visit the Oakland Raiders on Wednesday.
- 12:41 p.m. Arrowhead Time: Linebacker Mark Barron is headed to the Pittsburgh Steelers on a two-year contract.
- 11:31 a.m. Arrowhead Time: Former Oakland Raiders (and Atlanta Falcons and Seattle Seahawks) defensive end Bruce Irvin now has a one-year deal with the Carolina Panthers.
- 8:45 a.m. Arrowhead Time: Former Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict is indeed on his way to visit the Raiders, who have Burfict’s former defensive coordinator, Paul Guenther, as their current defensive coordinator.
- 10:15 p.m. Arrowhead Time: Speaking on NFL Network about the top free agents still available, NFL insider Ian Rapoport said that as of last week, three teams were interested in former Chiefs linebacker Justin Houston, but as of Monday night, the number is down to two.
- 5:16 p.m. Arrowhead Time: Former Chiefs safety Eric Berry is visiting the Cowboys on Tuesday.
- 4:42 p.m. Arrowhead Time: Former Chiefs tight end James O’ Shaugnessy is visiting the Pittsburgh Steelers after they lost Jesse James to the Lions in free agency.
- 4:10 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The Oakland Raiders are hosting Manti Teo and Aaron Lynch and could have interest in the newly-available Vontaze Burfict.
- 3:42 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The first of two old friend alerts — The Detroit Lions have signed cornerback Marcus Cooper.
- 3:32 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The Arizona Cardinals have signed former Chiefs defensive back Josh Shaw.
- 11:04 a.m. Arrowhead Time: The Chiefs are signing cornerback Bashaud Breeland. More here.
- 9:39 a.m. Arrowhead Time: Former Chiefs running back Spencer Ware is visiting the Detroit Lions on Monday.
- 9:32 a.m. Arrowhead Time: The Chiefs are reportedly interested in free agent wide receiver Jordy Nelson. ESPN’s Adam Schefter notes the Seattle Seahawks, New England Patriots, Tennessee Titans and Oakland Raiders are also interested.
- 1:13 p.m. Arrowhead Time: #OldFriendAlert The Detroit Lions have re-signed former Chiefs cornerback Marcus Cooper to a one-year deal. The Lions picked up Cooper from the waiver wire when he was released by the Chicago Bears last season.
- 11:49 a.m. Arrowhead Time: The Arizona Cardinals have signed Denver Broncos guard Max Garcia. Garcia was a fourth-round draft selection for the Broncos in 2015 and started at left guard in 2016 and 2017, but became a backup in 2018.
- 8:19 a.m. Arrowhead Time: Dee Ford’s five-year contract details with the 49ers are out, via Tom Pelissero of NFL Network. As old friend Terez Paylor of Yahoo! Sports describes, Ford’s deal essentially equates to a one-year deal for $19.75 million.
- 7:59 a.m. Arrowhead Time: The Jaguars are signing wide receiver Chris Conley.
- 7:40 p.m. Arrowhead Time: Chicago Bears cornerback Bryce Callahan has signed with the Denver Broncos. The deal is for three years and $21 million.
- 5:40 p.m. Arrowhead Time: Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Darqueze Dennard is scheduled to visit the Chiefs “this week.”
- 3:54 p.m. Arrowhead Time: Despite interest from the Chiefs and other teams, Philadelphia Eagles cornerback Ronald Darby will return to the team. He and the team agreed on a one-year deal reportedly worth $8 million.
- 2:31 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The Los Angeles Chargers and safety Adrian Phillips have agreed on a one-year contract to remain with the team for another season.
- 1:08 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have signed Denver Broncos linebacker Shaqil Barrett to a one-year deal worth $5 million.
- 12:57 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The Oakland Raiders have signed another wide receiver — this time, it’s Arizona Cardinals wideout J.J. Nelson.
- 12:27 p.m. Arrowhead Time: #OldFriendAlert The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have resigned defensive tackle Rakeem Nunez-Roches to a one year contract.
- 12:14 p.m. Arrowhead Time: Former Cardinal-Eagle-Bronco-Giant-Raider-Retiree cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie has signed with the Washington Redskins.
- 11:48 a.m. Arrowhead Time: The Denver Broncos have resigned tight end Jeff Heuerman. The deal is reported to be for $9 million over two years.
- 10:51 a.m. Arrowhead Time: The New England Patriots have released defensive end Adrian Clayborn. The former first-round pick of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers spent four seasons there, played three with the Atlanta Falcons and joined the Patriots in 2018.
- 5:40 p.m. Arrowhead Time: Arizona Cardinals pass rusher Markus Golden — thought to be a target for the Chiefs — has signed a one-year deal with the New York Giants.
- 4:16 p.m. Arrowhead Time: Chiefs sign New Orleans Saints defensive end Alex Okafor to a three-year contract worth $18 million. Contract reportedly includes incentives up to $24 million.
- 4:01 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The Oakland Raiders have released wide receiver Jordy Nelson, after recently paying him a roster bonus. (?) Released earlier by the Raiders: backup quarterback AJ McCarron.
- 2:22 p.m. Arrowhead Time: Los Angeles Chargers cornerback Jason Verrett — scheduled to visit the Chiefs after the Houston Texans and San Francisco 49ers — won’t make it that far. The 49ers have signed him to a one-year deal worth $3.6 million.
- 2:18 p.m. Arrowhead Time: Safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix — formerly of the Washington Redskins and Green Bay Packers — will join the Chicago Bears, signing a one-year deal worth $3.5 million.
- 11:47 a.m. Arrowhead Time: #OldFriendAlert The Cleveland Browns (who else?) have signed former Chicago Bears (and Chiefs) offensive lineman Eric Kush.
- 11:46 a.m. Arrowhead Time: Our pal Jay Binkley from 610 Sports said he’s hearing the Chiefs will conclude a deal for Philadelphia Eagles cornerback Ronald Darby as soon as today.
- 11:32 a.m. Arrowhead Time: CBS Sports NFL insider Jason LaCanfora reports that while the Cleveland Browns continue to shop defensive end Emmanuel Ogbah, the team might hold off actually making a deal for him until they know Kareem Hunt’s suspension status for 2019.
- 10:59 a.m. Arrowhead Time: The Chiefs have expressed interest in former Cardinals defensive end Markus Golden. Old friend Terez Paylor of Yahoo! Sports’ had it.
- 7:42 a.m. Arrowhead Time: Free agent defensive lineman Allen Bailey is visiting the New England Patriots on Thursday.
- 6:07 p.m. Arrowhead Time: In addition to Darby, former Chargers cornerback Jason Verrett has plans to visit the Chiefs after he takes visits to the Texans and 49ers.
- 4:35 p.m. Arrowhead Time: Philadelphia Eagles cornerback Ronald Darby is reported to visiting the Chiefs on Wednesday night, and would be expected to sign a deal if he passes a physical.
- 4:04 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The Chiefs gave a sixth-round contract tender to restricted free agent safety Jordan Lucas.
- 3:43 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The Arizona Cardinals released tight end Jermaine Gresham.
- 3:13 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The Chiefs released safety Eric Berry with a post-June 1 designation, which will save $9.5 million against the salary cap on June 2, and carry the rest of Berry’s dead money ($8 million) to the 2020 season.
- 1:52 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The Chiefs may be in the market to acquire defensive end Emmanuel Ogbah after sending Dee Ford to the 49ers. ESPN’s Adam Schefter confirmed the Browns shopping Ogbah.
- 1:00 p.m. Arrowhead Time: Wide receiver Tyrell Williams is switching AFC West colors, going from the Los Angeles Chargers to the Oakland Raiders.
- 12:38 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The Colts are re-signing cornerback Pierre Desir. Our own Matt Lane speculates he may have been a mid-tier cornerback target for the Chiefs.
- 11:49 a.m. Arrowhead Time: The Chargers have a new backup quarterback. It’s Tyrodd Taylor, who is signing a two-year contract with LA.
- 11:27 a.m. Arrowhead Time: Former Saints RB Mark Ingram is also heading to the Ravens—his deal is three years for $15 million.
- 11:13 a.m. Arrowhead Time: Former Seahawks S Earl Thomas is heading to the Baltimore Ravens on a four-year $55 million ($32 million guaranteed).
- 10:44 a.m. Arrowhead Time: The Tampa Bay Buccaneers announced they have signed former Chiefs K Cairo Santos to a one-year deal.
- 10:39 a.m. Arrowhead Time: A rumor has emerged that the Cleveland Browns and John Dorsey could be making a play for S Eric Berry.
- 8:27 a.m. Arrowhead Time: The Chiefs tendered three exclusive rights free agents: kicker Harrison Butker, wide receiver Marcus Kemp and defensive tackle Justin Hamilton.
- 6:04 a.m. Arrowhead Time: Former Chiefs TE Demetrius Harris is signing with the Cleveland Browns.
- 11:30 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The speculation is over, as RB Bell lands with the New York Jets on a four-year, $52 million deal.
- 8:05 p.m. Arrowhead Time: Dee Ford agrees to a five-year deal with San Francisco worth $87.5 million, per Terez Paylor of Yahoo! Sports.
- 7:18 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The Chiefs are in “deep talks” with the San Francisco 49ers on linebacker Dee Ford, per Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network. Rapoport adds the deal could be done by the end of the night.
- 6:56 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The Browns have traded for WR Odell Beckham Jr. The Browns sent their first-round pick, second-round pick and S Jabril Peppers to the New York Giants in exchange for Beckham.
- 6:21 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The Steelers are signing former Chiefs cornerback Steve Nelson.
- 5:45 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The Chiefs waited until Tuesday evening for their first action of the day. They are signing former Cowboys linebacker Damien Wilson.
- 3:30 p.m. Arrowhead Time: Los Angeles Rams safety Lamarcus Joyner — reported on Monday to be planning to sign a deal to play for the Oakland Raiders — is now off the market. The Raiders are reportedly giving Joyner $42 million over four years.
- 3:21 p.m. Arrowhead Time: Denver Broncos center Matt Paradis reportedly intends to sign with the Carolina Panthers. The deal is said to be for three years and $27 million.
- 2:37 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The Houston Texans have reportedly signed former Denver Broncos cornerback Bradley Roby to a one-year contract worth $10 million. Since the Broncos had previously picked up Kareem Jackson from the Texans in free agency, the teams have essentially swapped cornerbacks.
- 1:08 p.m. Arrowhead Time: New Bills cornerback Kevin Johnson said that he visited with Kansas City before ultimately signing in Buffalo.
- 12:47 p.m. Arrowhead Time: As was rumored on Monday night, Trey Flowers is no longer available. Reports say the Detroit Lions are giving the New England Patriots defensive end a five-year contract worth $90 million.
- 11:45 a.m. Arrowhead Time: Oops! Linebacker Anthony Barr isn’t going to sign with the New York Jets after all. He’s decided to stay with the Minnesota Vikings. Either way, he’s still not going to be available to the Chiefs.
- 11:36 a.m. Arrowhead Time: Baltimore Ravens wide receiver John Brown — whom the Denver Broncos had been eyeing — is now expected to sign with the Buffalo Bills. The deal will reportedly be worth $27 million over three years. The Bills are also signing former Cowboys wide receiver Cole Beasley.
- 10:46 a.m. Arrowhead Time: The Detroit Lions have snagged Pittsburgh Steelers tight end Jesse James, reportedly signing him to a four-year deal totaling $28 million.
- 10:18 a.m. Arrowhead Time: Offensive lineman Billy Turner is moving from the AFC West to the NFC North, reportedly leaving the Denver Broncos to sign a four-year deal with the Green Bay Packers worth $28 million.
- 9:58 a.m. Arrowhead Time: LB Thomas Davis is trading in his Carolina blue for the powder blue of the Los Angeles Chargers. He is signing a three-year deal to come to the AFC West.
- 9:44 a.m. Arrowhead Time: The Packers have made another deal at the LB position, signing Preston Smith to a four-year deal worth $52 million. You can now assume that there is no longer a need for Ford.
- 8:52 a.m. Arrowhead Time: The Houston Texans intend to replace new Chief Tyrann Mathieu with former Jaguars safety Tashaun Gipson.
- 7:53 a.m. Arrowhead Time: The Packers are making two moves, and the first may impact the Chiefs. They are signing EDGE Za’Darius Smith, so perhaps they are no longer interested in Dee Ford. The Packers were reportedly interested in Ford, as reported over the weekend. The Packers are also adding S Adrian Amos from rival Chicago.
- 6:52 a.m. Arrowhead Time: The Browns are bolstering their front seven as they continue on the path of becoming contenders in the AFC. They are adding DT Sheldon Richardson by way of a three-year deal. As ESPN’s Adam Schefter notes, the Browns’ opening day front four should be Richardson, DE Myles Garrett, DT Larry Ogunjob and DE Emmanuel Ogbah. Richardson will make $39 million ($21.5 million guaranteed) over the three years.
- 5:14 a.m. Arrowhead Time: The Chiefs had been connected to LB CJ Mosley, but he is heading to the Jets on a five-year, $85 million deal ($51 million guaranteed).
- 10:30 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The Broncos have a new OT in JaWuan James, who is signing a four-year, $52 million deal ($32 million guaranteed) to move to Denver from the Miami Dolphins.
- 8:58 p.m. Arrowhead Time: S Lamarcus Joyner, who was franchise tagged, is signing a four-year deal to play with the Oakland Raiders.
- 8:26 p.m. Arrowhead Time: LB Anthony Barr won’t end up with the Chiefs. He is signing with the New York Jets (SEE UPDATE ABOVE FROM 3/12).
- 8:20 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The Denver Broncos are signing defensive back Kareem Jackson to a three-year, $33 million ($23 million guaranteed).
- 6:45 p.m. Arrowhead Time: From NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo: “The Chiefs wanted to get themselves a tone/culture changer on the defensive side of the ball, particularly in the secondary. They wanted a guy who will compete every week. They got that guy in Tyrann Mathieu.”
- 6:23 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The Chiefs are signing free agent S Tyrann Mathieu to a three-year, $42 million deal.
- 5:49 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The first Chiefs news of the legal tampering period is here. Former Chiefs center Mitch Morse is signing with the Buffalo Bills. Austin Reiter slides into the starting center role for the Chiefs.
- 4:03 p.m. Arrowhead Time: There was some speculation that perhaps the Chiefs may go after WR DeSean Jackson given his connection to Andy Reid (Reid drafted Jackson in 2008). He has instead been traded to the Philadelphia Eagles. The Eagles sent a sixth-round pick (2019) to Tampa and get back a seventh-round pick (2020) with Jackson.
- 3:51 p.m. Arrowhead Time: Former Chiefs backup quarterback Nick Foles signed a four-year, $88 million contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars. The deal includes $50 million guaranteed.
- 3:26 p.m. Arrowhead Time: Another safety is off the board. S Kenny Vaccaro has signed a four-year deal with the Tennessee Titans worth $26 million ($11.5 million guaranteed).
- 2:13 p.m. Arrowhead Time: The Washington Redskins have reportedly signed S Landon Collins, who was believed to be a Chiefs target. The deal is for six years worth $84 million ($14 million per year). ESPN’s Josina Anderson reported Collins to the Redskins first.
- 1:53 p.m. Arrowhead Time: There is reportedly “nothing moving” when it comes to Chiefs LB Dee Ford.
- 12:21 p.m. Arrowhead Time: ESPN’s Chris Mortensen explains that the Oakland Raiders probably don’t have enough cash to sign RB Le’Veon Bell. To be clear, it is not a cap space issue. They can’t afford to pay him.
- 11:31 a.m. Arrowhead Time: Free agent C Mitch Morse is on the Denver Broncos watch list, per Mike Garafolo of the NFL Network. The Jets and Bills are also reportedly interested in Morse.
- 11:27 a.m. Arrowhead Time: The Chiefs are reportedly interested in S Tyrann Mathieu. Lions, others also interested.
- 11:09 a.m. Arrowhead Time: The Oakland Raiders kicked off free agency by making Trent Brown the highest-paid OL in history, signing him to a $66 million contract that includes $36.75 million guaranteed.
- 11 a.m. Arrowhead Time: The legal tampering period is now open
March 10: Chiefs release LB Justin Houston, freeing up $14 million in cap space.
March 9: Chiefs sign RB Carlos Hyde to a one-year deal.
March 5: Chiefs negotiating “record-setting” deal for WR Tyreek Hill.
March 4: Chiefs officially place franchise tag on LB Dee Ford, willing to trade him.
March 7: Chiefs sign DB Harold Jones-Quartey.
February 28: GM Brett Veach confirms “dialogue” on trading LB Justin Houston at the NFL’s scouting combine.
February 19: Chiefs sign OT Justin Senior.
Chiefs 2019 free agents
LB Dee Ford (traded to San Francisco)
DL Allen Bailey
RB Spencer Ware
WR De’Anthony Thomas
OL Jeff Allen
LB Frank Zombo
LB Terrance Smith (RFA)
TE Alex Ellis (ERFA)