- First snap, first down to Travis Kelce. Then a quick one to Damien Williams.
- On second-and-4, Byron Pringle moves the chains.
- First run of the game is a draw to Damien Williams good for four yards. Then Patrick Mahomes goes right back to him for another short pass. Third-and-3 coming up.
- Damien Williams again — converts on the ground. First down Chiefs.
- LeSean McCoy gets a short reception.
- Pringle again on third down on a Mahomes special. Big gain. Right back to Pringle on a misdirection flip.
- Wylie flagged for holding on Mahomes’s first incompletion.
- On second-and-16, Mahomes floats a perfect pass in the end zone that is dropped by Damien Williams.
- Another flag for a false start on Kelce. Third-and-21.
- Mahomes escapes and flips a pass out to Hardman. A flag comes in at the end of the play — again on the offense. Penalty declined. Fourth down. Butker coming in for a field goal attempt.
- 3-0 Chiefs
- Mahomes wanted to go deep on the first play, but settled for another completion to Pringle, 12 yards, First down.
- Mahomes — with another wow play — flings it casually to Kelce, who couldn’t control it.
- Mahomes to Demarcus Robinson for the first down.
- McCoy for a short gain.
- Kelce with another ball he couldn’t control, the defender knocks it out of his hand. It is called a fumble on the field, with the Colts returning it for a long gain. Play is under review.
- Call overturned. Incomplete pass for third-and-7. Mahomes goes right back to Kelce over the middle for a first down.
- Chiefs try a misdirection to Hardman, but the defense wasn’t fooled. Dropped for a loss of six.
- Mahomes on the move with a sidearm sling downfield to Kelce. First down, end of the quarter.
- Second trip to the red zone starts with an incompletion to Robinson.
- Justin Houston beats Cameron Erving for the big sack.
- Mahomes comes right back, evading the rush. On a dead run. hits Pringle in the end zone for six. 10-7 Chiefs.
- First play had the entire Colts defense in the backfield, Mahomes throws it away.
- Same on the second play.
- Mahomes chased by Houston on third down, 0-3, three-and-out.
- Incompletion on first down, short gain for Damien Williams and third down again.
- Mahomes buys time, hits Hardman over the middle. Hardman juggled the ball, but eventually pulled it in for a nice gain.
- McCoy on the screen for a huge gain down to the 14-yard line — and fumbles. Colts ball.
- Mahomes sacked again on first down. Erving beaten this time by a cornerback blitz.
- Incomplete to Pringle on second down. It’s third-and-15.
- Mahomes to Robinson right at the first down marker. Mahomes is limping up to the line to go for it on fourth down.
- Sherman converts up the middle near midfield.
- Mahomes with a couple of incompletions, but an illegal contact penalty give the Chiefs new life.
- A deep attempt for Robinson is out of his reach. Then Mahomes runs for a few yards prior to the two-minute warning.
- On third-and-6, the pass is a bit behind Kelce. A flag is thrown. Pass interference on Kelce, penalty declined. Colquitt on to punt.
- Kneel down. Halftime.
- Damien Williams for four yards.
- Mahomes off his back foot again, threads it in beautifully to Hardman deep downfield. Pass interference on the defense is declined. 33 yard gain.
- Chiefs get five yards on a Damien Williams run.
- Another flag comes in: false start on Reiter.
- Swing pass to Damien Williams, who is gets shoe-stringed by Rock Ya Sin. Gain of eight yard.
- Mahomes’ pass to Sherman bounces up and is caught by the defense. Erving gets an unnecessary roughness penalty on the return. Play is under review.
- Play is overturned, but penalty counts. Fourth-and-17 on the 48 yard line. Chiefs punt.
- Backed up on his own six-yard line, Mahomes narrowly misses Kelce again.
- On second down, Williams is stopped at the line.
- Mahomes throws incomplete to Kelce. Andrew Wylie is injured.
- Chiefs punt again.
- Mahomes complete to Robinson, who is called for a face mask penalty after the catch.
- Mahomes sacked. Chiefs backed up to their four-yard line.
- An ineffective run by Williamson on second down.
- Third-and-28. Deep pass. Two flags fly: Holding on Ryan Hunter, pass interference on the Colts. Offsetting.
- Mahomes escapes and fires to Pringle for 27.
- Chiefs go for it on fourth-and-1. Houston tackles Damien Williams in the backfield.
- Mahomes rushes for the 1st down, Holding penalty on the defense added to the end of the play.
- Mahomes with instant pressure, throws it to nobody. Flag on the play, defensive holding again.
- Completed pass to Hardman gets the Chiefs to the 32-yard line.
- Kelce gets a big catch to the 10-yard line, Mahomes rushes to the line.
- Quick throw; Hardman wasn’t where Mahomes expected.
- Mahomes throws high to Kelce in the end zone.
- Mahomes gets sacked for a loss of 10 yards. Butker kicks with 1:19 left. 19-13 Colts.
- First play, eight-yard pass completion. Marlon Mack gets first down on the ground.
- Mathieu shows blitz, then stops the run. Two-yard gain.
- On second down, Jacoby Brissett to T.Y. Hilton for the first down.
- Chris Jones nearly gets a sack, but Brissett flips it out to Jack Doyle for nine yards. Mack picks up the second-and-1.
- Mack breaks a couple of tackles and gets the Colts a first-and-goal at the four-yard line.
- Defensive holding pushes the Colts to the two. Wilkins scores, but it’s called back for a offensive penalty.
- Wilkins runs to the one-inch line, then Brissett runs it in to the right pylon. 7-3 Colts.
- Darron Lee with a tackle in space on a second-and-15 swing pass.
- Mack tackled by Mathieu just short of the marker. Third down. Mack converts for the first.
- Play action deep covered by Charvarius Ward and Bashaud Breeland. Pass interference on Breeland for a 53-yard penalty.
- Jones forces a throwaway after Tanoh Kpassagnon gets a tackle for loss. Third-and-12.
- Kpassagnon nearly has a sack, forcing a field goal. 10-10 tie.
- Mack finds plenty of room up the middle. First down run for a first down.
- Mack again for five yards tackled by Xavier Williams.
- Quick pass to the tight end for a first down.
- Ball on the 39, quick pass to Hilton for 14 yards.
- Flea flicker to Doyle, who can’t bring it in inbounds. Defensive penalty on Breeland results in a first down.
- On second-and-9 Tyrann Mathiwu intercepts Brissett
- Mack stopped for two yards after Chiefs fumble.
- Frank Clark throws Hines for a loss.
- On third-and-12, Sorenson is all over Ebron. Colts punt from their end zone.
- Two passes gain about 20 yards.
- Hilton picks up 15 yards on Breeland.
- Brissett narrowly avoids a sack, scrambles to the 46-yard line
- Incomplete on second down. Third-and-3.
- Hines appears to pick up the first down. Holding penalty on Breeland guarantees first down.
- Fuller blitzes to force the throwaway.
- On second down, Hines breaks a tackle on the screen for 18 yards. Field goal range.
- Pass called out of bounds, but call overturned. Gain of seven to the 16.
- 27 seconds left, Mack tackled on the dump-off short of the 1st down. Timeout Colts.
- Chiefs send the house on third down.
- Field goal attempt at 13 seconds is good. 13-10 Colts.
- Hines end around for 13 on the first play, but 12 men on the field makes it first-and-15.
- Mack with a short catch, tackled by Damien Wilson.
- Mack picks up 11 on a draw play. Third-and-1. Quarterback sneak for the first down.
- Clark in hot pursuit, Brissett gets the pass away. Holding penalty on Breeland. First down Colts.
- Khalen Saunders makes his debut after Jones is hurt.
- On second-and-9, Ward makes the tackle.
- On third down, Chiefs get lots of pressure and decent coverage. Colts punt.
- Chiefs get back-to-back stops for three yards each.
- On third-and-4, Brissett completes to Doyle for five yards under pressure.
- Mathieu blitzes, but gets called for offsides. First down Colts.
- Incompletion on first down. Draw play for nine yards on second down.
- On third-and-one, Colts gain 12.
- First down screen gets called back for holding.
- Kpassagnon finishes a tackle for a loss. Second-and-22.
- Pass to Hines. Third-and-7.
- Another all out blitz. Ragland gets close and forces incompletion. Colts punt.
- Five yards on first down, three on second.
- Niemann nearly gets a tackle, realized the back didn’t have the ball. Pass complete, but offensive pass interference called on Hilton. Colts will challenge. Upheld. Third-and-12.
- Checkdown to Mack for 11. Colts go for it.
- Mack converts to the outside.
- Wilkins runs for five and then for three. Third down again.
- Chiefs get a stop on third-and-short. Colts go for it again. Quarterback sneak moves the chains.
- Mack for nine more. Hines converts on another run.
- Wilkins gets eight yards, and the Colts are on the doorstep.
- Mathieu with another big play: eight-yard tackle for loss.
- Blitz on third down forces another field goal attempt. Colts 16-10 with 7:40 left in the game.
- Mack for six yards, then three yards and one yard for a first down.
- Mack for six more yards, then two yards.
- On third-and-2, Mack stopped just short of the line. Field goal is good. 19-10 Colts.
- Kneel downs
- Colts win the toss, elect to defer. Hardman back for the opening kickoff, and lets it go for a touchback.
- Butker kicks off after the field goal, good return out to the 30-yard line.
- Hardman takes the kickoff after the Colts touchdown. Another touchback.
- Butker, touchback.
- Hardman, touchback.
- First Chiefs punt comes at 10:48 in the second quarter. Fair catch at the 30.
- De’Anthony Thomas’ first punt return attempt goes for a loss.
- Colquitt punts inside the 15-yard line with just under two minutes to go in the half.
- Hardman returns the final kickoff of the first half to the 25-yard line.
- Chiefs kickoff the second half with a short kick and good coverage at the 22.
- Thomas gets a punt; no return.
- Colquitt from midfield, fair caught at the 13.
- Thomas with a fair catch at the six-yard line.
- Colquitt kicks from the back of the end zone to the 45.
- Touchbacks after two Colts field goals/
- Onside kick unsuccessful.
- Sammy Watkins: hamstring injury early in the game
- Anthony Hitchens injures groin. First listed questionable, then out.
- Xavier Williams limps off the field in the second quarter. Declared out.
- Mahomes has ankle rolled up on. Limping after the play. In third quarter, Erving steps on the injured ankle. Mahomes stays in the game.
- Chris Jones injured in third quarter. Declared out.
- Frank Clark goes out, but returns.
- Andrew Wylie left game.
|Net Punting Avg Yds||40.7||38.8|
|Field Goals (Made/Att)||4/4||2/2|
|Goal to go (Made/Att/Pct)||1/1/100%||0/1/0%|
|Red Zone (Made/Att/Pct)||1/5/20%||1/3/33%|
|Extra Points (Made/Att)||1/1||1/1|
|2Pt Conv (Made/Att)||0/0||0/0|
|Passing 1st downs||7||12|
|Rushing 1st downs||12||3|
|1st downs from penalties||6||3|
|3rd down (Made/Att/Pct)||5/14/36%||4/12/33%|
|4th down (Made/Att/Pct)||2/2/100%||1/2/50%|
|Yards per play||4.5||5.7|
|Total Rtn Yds (No KOs)||0||31|
|Punt Returns (Num/Yds)||0/0||2/1|
|Kickoff Returns (Num/Yds)||2/48||1/22|
|Int. Returns (Num/Yds)||0/0||1/30|
|Time of Possession||37:15||22:45|
|Yards per pass||5.20||6.70|
|Yards per rush||4.00||2.60|
|Kickoff Return TDs||0||0|
|Fumble Returns TDs||0||0|
|Punt Return TDs||0||0|
|CHIEFS FUMBLES||FUM||LOST||FF||REC |
|COLTS FUMBLES||FUM||LOST||FF||REC |
|Kenny Moore II||4||3||1||1.0||5.0||0||1||0||1||0||0||0|
|CHIEFS KICK RET||NO||YDS||AVG||LG||TD|
|COLTS KICK RET||NO||YDS||AVG||LG||TD|
|CHIEFS PUNT RET||NO||YDS||AVG||LG||TD|
|COLTS PUNT RET||NO||YDS||AVG||LG||TD|
|@Jaguars||TIAA Bank Field||Won |
|Ravens||Arrowhead Stadium||Won |
|@Lions||Ford Field||Won |
|Colts||Arrowhead Stadium||Lost |
|Texans||Arrowhead Stadium||12:00 PM |
|@Broncos||Broncos Stadium |
at Mile High
|7:20 PM |
|Packers||Arrowhead Stadium||7:20 PM |
|Vikings||Arrowhead Stadium||12:00 PM |
|@Titans||Nissan Stadium||12:00 PM |
|@Chargers||Estadio Azteca |
|7:15 PM |
|Raiders||Arrowhead Stadium||12:00 PM |
|@Patriots||Gillette Stadium||3:25 PM |
|Broncos||Arrowhead Stadium||12:00 PM |
|@Bears||Soldier Field||7:20 PM |
|Chargers||Arrowhead Stadium||12:00 PM |