Each practice day, the Kansas City Chiefs will release an official injury report leading up to the next game. The Chiefs take on the Minnesota Vikings at Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday at Noon Arrowhead Time.
Here is the Chiefs’ first official injury report of the week:
- The Chiefs had five starters — CB Bashaud Breeland (shoulder), DE Frank Clark (neck), RG Laurent Duvernay-Tardif (ankle), LT Eric Fisher (groin) and DE Alex Okafor (ankle) — miss practice to begin the week on Wednesday.
- Four starters — punter Dustin Colquitt (left thigh), CB Kendall Fuller (thumb), DT Chris Jones (groin) and QB Patrick Mahomes — were officially listed as limited. Mahomes has yet to be a full participant in practice since dislocating his kneecap Week 7 against the Denver Broncos.
- Because of the injury to Colquitt, the Chiefs signed P Jack Fox to their practice squad on Tuesday. WR Cody Thompson, who was waived to make room for Fox, landed in Seattle as a member of the Seahawks’ practice squad.
- LG Andrew Wylie (ankle) being a full participant is a good early sign that he could return this week. Wylie last played Week 5 against the Indianapolis Colts.
- The Minnesota Vikings had just one player limited on Wednesday — WR Adam Thielen (hamstring). Everyone else practiced. Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer said there was a “good chance” Thielen would play against the Chiefs following Minnesota’s last game.