The Kansas City Chiefs lost to the New England Patriots, 37-31, in the AFC championship game.
Here were the snap counts for the Chiefs:
Chiefs' offensive snaps vs. New England, AFC Championship pic.twitter.com/TVrzKYEM8N— Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) January 21, 2019
Chiefs' defensive snaps vs. New England, AFC Championship pic.twitter.com/I0uF0EsmQr— Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) January 21, 2019
Chiefs' special teams (only) snaps vs. New England, AFC Championship pic.twitter.com/E7fb1BKod8— Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) January 21, 2019
Starters (offensive): WR Tyreek Hill, LT Eric Fisher, LG Cam Erving, C Mitch Morse, RG Andrew Wylie, RT Mitch Schwartz, TE Travis Kelce, WR Sammy Watkins, WR Chris Conley, QB Patrick Mahomes, RB Damien Williams
Starters (defensive): LDE Allen Bailey, NT Derrick Nnadi, RDE Chris Jones, LOLB Justin Houston, LILB Reggie Ragland, RILB Anthony Hitchens, ROLB Dee Ford, LCB Kendall Fuller, RCB Steve Nelson, S Eric Berry, S Daniel Sorensen
Active, but did not play: QB Chad Henne, CB Orlando Scandrick
Inactive: LB Dorian O’Daniel, G Kahlil McKenzie, C Jimmy Murray, G Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, WR Kelvin Benjamin, TE Deon Yelder, LB Tanoh Kpassagnon
Takeaways, in no particular order:
- Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce played 52 offensive snaps, or 100 percent.
- Running back Spencer Ware saw 10 offensive snaps in his return to the lineup. Damien Williams led the way at the position with 41.
- The three iron men for the Chiefs defense were safety Daniel Sorensen, cornerback Steve Nelson and safety Eric Berry. The trio played a staggering 97 snaps, or 100 percent.
- Linebacker Justin Houston, cornerback Kendall Fuller and linebacker Anthony Hitchens were all over 90 percent.
- Special team standouts (18 snaps or more): S Eric Murray (26), LB Frank Zombo (26), LB Ben Niemann (26), TE Demetrius Harris (25), FB Anthony Sherman (23), CB Tremon Smith (21), RB Darrel Williams (20), WR Marcus Kemp (20), WR Gehrig Dieter (18)