Each practice day, the Kansas City Chiefs will release an official injury report leading up to the next game. The Chiefs host the New England Patriots in the AFC championship game at Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday.
Here is the Chiefs’ second official injury report of the week:
- Safety Eric Berry was listed as a “full participant” for the second straight day on Thursday. Berry has missed the Chiefs’ last two games (Week 17 and last week against the Colts) due to his lingering heel injury. Chiefs head coach Andy Reid on Berry Thursday: “He’s looked good out there. I see him out there looking like Eric Berry.”
- Bob Sutton on Berry Thursday: “Won’t know until Sunday probably. He’s back practicing and we all have our hopes that he’s going to be able to make it and we’ll just have to wait and see. We’re practicing a lot of people so in case he can’t go or whatever, we go ... With EB right now, it’s truly a day-to-day deal, and it’s not coach-talk, that’s just how it is. We just kind of have to go and play each day, plan the practice accordingly and go. We obviously would love to have him out there.”
- After starting the week as “limited participants” on Wednesday, right guard Laurent Durvernay-Tardif and running back Spencer Ware were upgraded to “full participants” on Thursday. That is a good sign for the weekend.
- Linebacker Dorian O’Daniel, who missed last week against the Colts, did not practice to start the week. Reid on O’Daniel: “He was rolled up on a couple games back and he was in a pile and someone rolled up on his ankle there.” O’Daniel missed every practice last week and eventually missed the game against the Colts.
- As of Thursday, the Patriots have nobody on their injury report.