Each practice day, the Kansas City Chiefs will release an official injury report leading up to the next game. The Chiefs host the New England Patriots in the AFC championship game at Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday.
Here is the Chiefs’ first official injury report of the week:
- Safety Eric Berry was listed as a “full participant” to start the week. Berry has missed the Chiefs’ last two games (Week 17 and last week against the Colts) due to his lingering heel injury. Wednesday’s report is what the Chiefs want to see headed into the weekend, but it remains something to be monitored as Berry has suffered setbacks before.
- Right guard Laurent Durvernay-Tardif and running back Spencer Ware were listed as “limited” participants for the Chiefs Wednesday. It was Durvernay-Tardif’s first practice back since the Chiefs activated back onto the active 53-man roster. Ware hasn’t played since injuring his hamstring Week 14 against the Baltimore Ravens.
- Linebacker Dorian O’Daniel, who missed last week against the Colts, did not practice to start the week.
- There was a point in the Chiefs’ game against the Colts in which Patrick Mahomes looked to have tweaked his knee, but the fact that he is not on the injury report at all is a great sign. Mahomes should be fine headed into Sunday’s game against New England.
- Only one Patriot was listed on the injury report—defensive end Deatrich Wise Jr. He was a full participant.