- Kansas City Chiefs 42, Pittsburgh Steelers 37
- Chiefs hold on to the lead and that’s game.
- Mahomes fumbles and recovers at KC 35. No gain.
- Steelers timeout at 1:44
Kareem Hunt churns ahead for a huge first down with just 1:44 left in the game.— Matt McMullen (@KCChiefs_Matt) September 16, 2018
Pittsburgh has one timeout left.
- Hunt runs it up the middle of KC 37 for 3 yards and is just shy of a first down
- Less than two minutes remain in the game. Steelers trail by just 5 points.
- SCORE: Chiefs 42, Steelers 37.
- STEELERS TOUCHDOWN. Roethlisberger scrambles right end for 3 yards on fourth-and-goal. Boswell’s kick is good for the extra point. Chiefs 42, Steelers 37.
- Roethlisberger finds Smith-Schuester for first down
- Kendall Fuller nearly intercepts, but forces an incomplete pass intended for Antonio Brown by Roethlisberger
- Jesse James hits a strong stride an takes it 46 yards before getting pushed outside back at the Chiefs 20
- Steelers take over at their own 34
- Mahomes throws to Conley who fumbles and it’s recovered by Steelers’ Chickillo
- Roethlisberger finds AB at PIT 49 for 18 yards. Flag called on the play for a push on the back of Kendall Fuller. Deemed an illegal block above the waist.
- Roethlisberger sacked by Allen Bailey at PIT 31 and lose 10 yards
- Illegal formation penalty called on Ridley following Butker’s 53 yard kick from KC 20 to PIT 27
- Steelers tackle Kareem Hunt in the end zone for a safety. Cut the deficit to 12. Chiefs lead 42-30.
- Berry punts 59 yards to KC 1. Canaday, out of bounds.
- Mahomes is already breaking records:
- Chiefs 42, Steelers 28
- TOUCHDOWN CHIEFS! Mahomes to Tyreek Hill for a 29 yard touchdown pass. Butker’s kick is good. Chiefs extend their lead.
- END OF 3rd QUARTER: Chiefs 35, Steelers 28.
- Kareem Hunt rushes up the middle back-to-back times. Quarter 3 complete. Chiefs lead 35-28
- Mahomes finds Sammy Watkins for 25 yards and he’s pushed out of bounds at PIT 40
- Roethlisberger throws it underneat to Ridley for a five yard game. Tackle by Hitchens
- Talk about a combined effort for the Chiefs today. Spreadin’ the love:
CBS: 7 different Chiefs receivers have TD receptions this season, matching the entire 2017 distribution total.— Tom Martin (@TomKCTV5) September 16, 2018
- SCORE: Chiefs 35, Steelers 28
- CALL OVERTURNED! Reviewed and deemed a TOUCHDOWN for KC.
- Mahomes throws his fifth touchdown pass to Robinson deep in the end zone. One official says it’s good, another challenges it saying not both feet were in bounds.
- STEELERS TOUCHDOWN. And It’s a shoot out. James Conners finds the end zone tying it 28-28.
- Steven Nelson intercepts, but picks up a penalty for defensive pass interference, 1 yard enforced at KC 2
After the Steelers' touchdown, Andy Reid went to Steven Nelson to encourage him. The score is now under review.— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) September 16, 2018
- Penalty called on Anthony Hitchens for defensive holding. This is Kansas City’s 10th penalty.
- Roethlisberger struggling to connect with Antonio Brown and throws two incomplete passes intended for him back-to-back.
- Roethlisberger finds Juju for 15 yards at PIT 43 and then again for 21 yards at the KC 35
Pat Mahomes remains perfect in passer rating today, with 4 TDs on 11-of-14 passing for 193 yards vs. Steelers. Chiefs lead 28-21.— Jeff Rosen (@jeff_rosen88) September 16, 2018
- Extra point from Butker is good. Chiefs 28, Steelers 21.
- TOUCHDOWN KC!! Chiefs start the second half much like they did the first after Mahomes finds Kelce for a 25 yard touchdown, giving the Chiefs back their lead.
- KC calls a timeout at 12:47
- Mahomes finds Tyreek Hill for the firs time for 36 yards on the first play of the second half. His next pass looking deep left to Sammy Watkins is incomplete.
- Q3 opens 21-21
- HALFTIME: All tied up in Pittsburgh
- SCORE: Chiefs 21, Steelers 21 with 18 seconds left in the half
- Steelers go for 2 point conversion to tie it up and are successful on the attempt.
- Chiefs Steven Nelson is down after the play and it appears as though Roethlisberger may have been over the line of scrimmage, but the TD is good.
- STEELERS TOUCHDOWN. Roethlisberger finds Washington for 14 yards.
- Roethlisberger looks for Juju, but Kendall Fuller covers and it’s incomplete. Roethlisberger looks for McDonald next, but throws incomplete again.
- Roethlisberger finds Brown for 10 yards at KC 14 and Steelers call a second timeout with 34 seconds to go
- Penalty called on Terrance Smith for defensive pass interference. 15 yards enforced at KC 42.
- Roethlisberger finds James DEEP for 32 yards. Steelers call their first timeout (1:43)
- Two-minute warning called
- Colquitt punts 45 yards on Chiefs second drive
Chiefs have punted twice on their two drives in the second quarter after scoring three TDs in the first quarter.— Tom Martin (@TomKCTV5) September 16, 2018
- Chiefs pick up their 8th penatly. This time, false start on Fisher enforced at KC 46
- Mahomes hits Kelce for 9 yards
- Chiefs 21, Steelers 13
- Boswell goes for the extra point, ball sails wide right and it’s no good.
- STEELERS TOUCHDOWN. Roethlisberger finds Smith-Schuester for 2 yards.
- Penalty on Nelson for defensive holding enforced at the KC 4
- Steven Nelson misses a crucial tackle on Antonio Brown and Steelers convert
- Roethlisberger finds Jesse James for 20 yards then Smith-Schuester for 9
- False start called on Duvernay-Tardif (3rd-and-10)
- Chiefs take their first timeout at 12:55
- Mahomes gets sacked by Steelers secondary while running straight into the o-line at the KC 25
- Leading up to the play:
This Steelers' TD doesn't happen without Orlando Scandrick's holding penalty on third down. That was a huge turning point in this drive.— Brooke Pryor (@bepryor) September 16, 2018
- SCORE: Chiefs 21, Steelers 7
- STEELERS TOUCHDOWN: Pittsburgh finally gets on the board after Roethlisberger finds James deep for a 26 yard TD pass. Extra point is good.
- A quick history lesson:
Chiefs are the first team to score three 1st-quarter TDs in Pittsburgh since NINETEEN SIXTY-FIVE.— Tom Martin (@TomKCTV5) September 16, 2018
- Encroachment penalty called on Jenkins to start the second quarter at the Chiefs 45
- Roethlisberger finds Juju Smith-Schuester back-to-back for a combined 31 yards before the end of Q1
- WATCH: Mahomes-to-Hunt TD:
BACK TO BACK TO BACK TOUCHDOWNS, KANSAS CITY!— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) September 16, 2018
- Mahomes off to an incredibly strong start for the Chiefs in Q1:
Patrick Mahomes is 6-for-7 for 106 yards, three TDs and no picks. That's 15.1 yards per pass.— Sam Mellinger (@mellinger) September 16, 2018
- CHIEFS BACK-TO-BACK TOUCHDOWN!! Mahomes finds Kareem Hunt for 5 yards and the extra point is good. Chiefs now lead 21-0 with less than 3 minutes remaining in the first quarter.
- Chiefs offense takes over at the KC 31 and Mahomes finds Watkins for 17 yards
Sammy Watkins has 98 yards of total offense so far today. There's three minutes left in the first quarter.— Matt McMullen (@KCChiefs_Matt) September 16, 2018
- Potential injury update:
Reggie Ragland, who missed that tackle, appears to have hurt his shoulder.— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) September 16, 2018
- Steelers go for a 49 yard field goal and Boswell’s kick is no good. Chiefs maintain 14 point lead.
- Steelers pick up 22 yards after Roethlisberger finds Conner who slips through Chiefs secondary. Roethlisberger then connects Brown for 19.
- Penalty called on Orlando Scandrick for defensive holding, 5 yards, called at PIT 28
- Roethlisberger finds James for 14 yards at PIT 28
Ben Roethlisberger has targeted the sidelines three times today and has connected all three times.— Tom Martin (@TomKCTV5) September 16, 2018
- Steelers off to a rough start. Illegal block in the back called on the return and they’re starting now on the 11.
Things are looking good for Patrick Mahomes through two drive: 4 of 4, 84 yards, 2 TDs; perfect 158.3 passer rating— Brooke Pryor (@bepryor) September 16, 2018
- CHIEFS TOUCHDOWN, AGAIN! Mahomes find Travis Kelce for 19 yards and the extra point is good, too. Chiefs 14, Steelers 0.
- Mahomes finds WR Sammy Watkins back-to-back for a combined 50 yards
- Steelers have -2 yards and 0 first downs through two possessions.
- Ben Roethlisberger fumbles and recovers at the 22. Throws incomplete to Brown, Scandrick covers for the Chiefs
- Chiefs 7, Steelers 0
- A look in on the play. A composed Mahomes fines Conley on a well-timed run.
Mahomes to Conley. Chiefs ain’t scared. pic.twitter.com/XdDwc0lFj7— Jeff Rosen (@jeff_rosen88) September 16, 2018
- TOUCHDOWN KC! Patrick Mahomes hits Chris Conley for 15 yards. Chiefs take the early lead.
- De’Anthony Thomas returns a 44-yard punt back 53 yards and catches his own fumble mid-stride.
- Chiefs win toss, but defer. Starting on defense.
- It’s almost time. This guy is ready.
This guy is currently in Pittsburgh…— Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) September 16, 2018
…Chiefs by a million pic.twitter.com/Htpmt8k2Q5
- Jump around, jump around