Arrowhead Pride recently brought on John Dixon as its new deputy editor and Aly Trost as the new weeknight editor, and we’re thrilled to welcome them to the team. Now we have two more opportunities to join our staff.
Do you love the Chiefs? Are you a talented video editor? Do you love the Arrowhead Pride community and want to be a part of making it the best place on the internet for Chiefs fans to come together? If you answered affirmatively to any of these questions, we just might have the perfect role for you.
What are we looking for?
Video editor: We’re looking for someone to grow the Arrowhead Pride presence through video. We need someone who can produce and edit longform content for our YouTube channel at least once a week and who can work with SB Nation’s executive producer to shape and create content. You can read all of the details and apply for this role on our Vox Media job board.
Community manager: We’re looking for someone who is invested in the Arrowhead Pride community, has a good understanding of our site guidelines, and is willing to enforce them. To apply for this role, please send a resume and a cover letter detailing what the Arrowhead Pride community means to you to SB Nation’s talent manager for team brands, Jeanna Thomas, at email@example.com.
What skills and qualifications should you have?
Ideal video editor candidates will:
- Have strong storytelling skills.
- Be a self-starter and pitch video ideas regularly.
- Access to Adobe Creative Suite (specifically After Effects, Premiere, and Photoshop).
- Compositing and integrating animations and graphics into video.
- Take responsibility for projects and self-produce/direct when necessary, or alternatively work closely with the Executive Producer to realize a specific vision.
Ideal community manager candidates will:
- Be engaged members of the Arrowhead Pride community.
- Have a history of respectful interaction with other readers and following the site’s guidelines.
- Have good judgment about enforcing the site’s guidelines and interactions with other Arrowhead Pride readers.
- Have a good eye for quality content in the FanPosts section that can be promoted to the front page of the site.
- Be willing to arrange and host in-person meetups for Arrowhead Pride readers.
If you have questions about these roles, the application process, Arrowhead Pride, or SB Nation in general, please reach out to Jeanna Thomas at the email listed above.
These are contractor positions that pay monthly stipends. If your background and experience don’t perfectly align with every single thing we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.