I missed this last week, but still wanted to get it up here.
Starting right tackle Mitchell Schwartz and actor/Chiefs superfan Eric Stonestreet joined The Rich Eisen Show at Kauffman Stadium to talk Patrick Mahomes. You can catch the video here:
If you don’t have time to watch the nine-minute video, here are the highlights:
- 0:45 - As we’ve heard a bit, Schwartz highlighted the Week 17 game in Denver. He said a lot of times on the road, there are hiccups such as delays of game, false starts, etc. There was none of that, which gave the coaching staff confidence.
- 1:18 - Schwartz: “From a physical standpoint, there is nothing [Mahomes] can’t do as a quarterback.”
- 2:18 - Stonestreet: “Every year at this time, the Chiefs are going to the Super Bowl as far as I’m concerned. Always the same level of excitement.”
- 3:29 - The last time Schwartz missed a game was “high school for a Jewish holiday.” Schwartz hasn’t missed a snap in six seasons as a pro.
- 4:47 - Eisen tells a funny story about running into Mitch’s brother, Geoff Schwartz.
- 6:25 - Stonestreet talks about how one of the best perks of being an actor is getting to “reward” his 18-year-old self by hanging out and talking with current Chiefs players.
- 8:14 - Schwartz tells the story about when he learned to tape up all his fingers prior to games.