Matt Miller is a widely known draft analyst who does a fantastic job for Bleacher Report, and as part of his work there, he records a podcast called “Stick to Football.”
Miller has ties to the Kansas City area, so it was a treat for him to welcome on Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes this week.
Miller spoke to Mahomes during Super Bowl week, and Mahomes is as comfortable as I’ve heard him since he became a member of the Chiefs.
New STF with guest @PatrickMahomes5 talking #Chiefs and Tinder. Also, the boys grade every team's 2017 draft. DOWNLOAD AND SUBSCRIBE! https://t.co/zYEIgEiP46— Stick to Football (@sticktofootball) February 7, 2018
Here are five new things I learned about Mahomes:
- Mahomes made a habit of getting to Arrowhead Stadium at 6 a.m. (Arrowhead Time) the past year, and he took exhaustive notes, ensuring he knew everything about the offense upon hearing a simple play call by year’s end.
- Mahomes’ likes video games so much that his girlfriend gets mad at him for playing sometimes three or four hours a night.
- Mahomes once threw a ball 85 yards, but he admits he doesn’t count that, as the wind was at his back.
- Mahomes eats a pregame meal of eggs and spaghetti.
- Mahomes is very self-aware when it comes to his arm strength: “I have never seen anyone throw harder than me with a football.”
Miller and Mahomes also talk about what his Tinder profile would say, who he would take on a deserted island and what Alex Smith meant to him in his development last season to make him feel ready for this season.
I can’t recommend it enough: find the must-listen here.