FINAL: Chiefs 27, Ravens 24
- On the next play, Justin Houston and Dee Ford come up big with the split sack for a loss of 4 yards for the Ravens. Jackson leaves the field injured and Robert Griffin III comes in at QB 3. They can’t capitalize and the Chiefs win it 27-24.
- Baltimore picks up a huge penalty with 1:52 to go and nearing field goal range. Ronnie Stanley is called for Offensive Holding for a loss of 10 yards enforced at the KC 45.
- Leading up to the FG attempt:
Mahomes took a helmet to the stomach late. Can’t believe it went uncalled.— Tom Martin (@TomKCTV5) December 9, 2018
- Mahomes finds Hill for two big back-to-back gains. First, for 18 yards then for 15. The Chiefs almost find the game winner on the next play when Mahomes looks for Kelce up the middle, but Kelce can’t quite get his hands on it with little pressure on him. Mahomes throws for 6 yards back-to-back hitting Hill and Williams before getting sacked at the Baltimore 25 on the next play. The Chiefs recover the fumble and end the drive with another field goal attempt from Butker for 35 yards and it’s good. Chiefs lead 27-24.
- On first down, with the game tied up, the Ravens gain a crucial 11 yards with a pass from Jackson to Crabtree, but their luck stops there. Justin Houston comes up big when it matters the most with a strip sack on Lamar Jackson with mere seconds remaining. The Chiefs line up for a 43 yard field goal attempt, but it’s no good. Game goes into overtime at 24-24.
- Pure insanity here at Arrowhead and the Chiefs are very much so in this game. Mahomes finds Damien Williams to tie it up with under a minute to go. Chiefs 24, Ravens 24.
Just to add degree of difficulty, they Chiefs had a false start on 4th down to make it 4th and 9 and Mahomes scrambles to toss a pass to Hill for a 48-yards gain.— Lynn Worthy (@LWorthySports) December 9, 2018
- Kansas City’s offense is back on the field with 4:04 left to play.
- Dustin Colquitt punts for 51 yards and it’s returned to the KC 14 for a whopping 55 yards. It only takes Baltimore 53 seconds and 3 plays to find the end zone. Lamar Jackson hits John Brown for a 9 yard touchdown to give the Ravens the lead. Chiefs 17, Ravens 24.
- The Chiefs start at their own 22 and don’t get far at all. The Chiefs give it right back to the Ravens with 5:46 to play after Mahomes gets sacked at the KC 19 by Smith and Suggs, forcing them to punt.
- The Ravens offense takes over with 11:20 remaining. Gus Edwards kicks off the next drive with a 3 yard run, which is followed by a huge 16 yard pass from Lamar Jackson to Snead IV to the Baltimore 28 for 16 yards. The drive turns sour for the Ravens who pick up a 10 yard penalty for Offensive Pass Interference, then a 5 yard penalty for Illegal Substitution — enforced at their 29. The Chiefs keep the Ravens from converting on 3rd-and-24 and now the Chiefs offense takes the field with 6:50 to go.
- The drive ends poorly for the Chiefs with an Illegal Block Above the Waist penalty called on Andrew Wylie, followed by a QB Sack on Mahomes for a loss of 5 yards. The Chiefs end the drive in a punt.
- The Chiefs drive from the end of the third, which ended at the Baltimore 36, continued into the fourth with a 2 yard run up the middle from Anthony Sherman to the Ravens’ 34. Next up is another big play from Mahomes and Kelce after Mahomes finds Kelce with a short pass who then takes it to the Baltimore 25 for 17 yards. The Chiefs gain an even greater advantage after Baltimore is called for Defensive Holding — 5 yards enforced at their 42.
- Game is tied 17-17
Chiefs left guard Cam Erving ruled out of Ravens game Sunday https://t.co/UIEqRHIveR— Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) December 9, 2018
- The Ravens hold on their next drive, which runs for 7:15 minutes, sees 14 plays for 68 yards, two 17 yard (combined) runs from Jackson and Dixon and ends in a 10 yard touchdown from Jackson to Maxx Williams. Tied ball game. Chiefs 17, Ravens 17.
- The Chiefs next drive ends before it can even begin with a deep left pass from Mahomes, intended for Hill, was intercepted by Chuck Clark at the Baltimore 37.
- Injury update, again, for the Chiefs:
Tyreek Hill back on the field. Jeff Allen is replacing Cam Erving for the rest of the game. Spencer Ware has his helmet on, too.— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) December 9, 2018
The #Chiefs' defense steps up in a huge situation...stuffing the run on fourth-and-1 from their own 39-yard line, and now they'll take over, leading 17-10 with 11:39 left in the third quarter.— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) December 9, 2018
- Ravens start strong with a 16 yard pass up the middle from Jackson to Snead IV. On the next play, Jackson runs it up the middle for 9 yards, but the Ravens lose 10 yards after Hayden Hurst picks up an Offensive Holding penalty. The Ravens get into KC territory, but the drive ends in a Turnover on Downs.
HALFTIME: Chiefs 17, Ravens 10
- A must-see:
No look pass for Patrick Mahomespic.twitter.com/onjAv9cnBs— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) December 9, 2018
- Injury updates:
Spencer Ware (shoulder) is questionable to return; Tyreek Hill (heel) is also questionable to return.— Brooke Pryor (@bepryor) December 9, 2018
- With two key receivers out, and under 10 seconds, Mahomes finds Demarcus Robinson at the Baltimore 6 for 6 yards. The Chiefs end the half and the drive with a 24 yard field goal attempt from Butker that’s good. Chiefs lead 17-10 at the half.
- Tyreek Hill also out, limping.
Tyreek Hill goes off to the locker room, Spencer Ware already there— Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) December 9, 2018
- Ware appears injured after the hit from Eric Weddle on the last play:
- With about two minutes left in the half, the Ravens can’t capitalize on their next drive and it ends in a 53 yard punt from Koch, which is returned by Tyreek Hill to the KC 19 for 7 yards. Mahomes and Robinson then connect for back-to-back plays — gaining 26 yards and putting the Chiefs at their own 45. Next up is another big play as Mahomes finds Spencer Ware short left who then runs it to the Baltimore 24 for a 31 yard gain with about a minute left in the half.
- A look on the 15 yard TD from Mahomes to Kelce:
Travis Kelce now has a new career high in receiving yards (1150) and touchdowns (10). We've got three and a half more games left, folks.— Tom Martin (@TomKCTV5) December 9, 2018
- Another Erving update:
#Chiefs announce Cam Erving is questionable to return with a knee injury.— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) December 9, 2018
- After another run from Spencer Ware, this time for 3 yards, Mahomes hangs on too long and gets sacked by Matthew Judon for a loss of 9 yards. He gets the redemption throw on the next play with a 21 yard pass to Tyreek Hill who then scrambles to the 19 yard line. The drive ends in a crucial touchdown from Travis Kelce after Mahomes finds him deep in the corner for a 15 yard TD reception. Chiefs regain the lead, 14-10.
- Cam Erving injury update:
Cam Erving just exited the injury tent and went into the locker room.— Brooke Pryor (@bepryor) December 9, 2018
- The Chiefs gain 33 yards on their next drive. Mahomes finds Tyreek Hill for 18 yards and Baltimore’s Patrick Onwuasor picks up a Roughing the Passer penalty for a loss of 15 yards. On the next play, Spencer Ware runs it to the Baltimore 34 for an 8 yard gain. Cam Erving is injured on the play.
Cam Erving getting assistance limping off the field, going straight to the trainers tent.— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) December 9, 2018
The Chiefs are behind in a game at Arrowhead Stadium for only the second time this season. They fell behind the Broncos 3-0 early in an October game. The Ravens lead the Chiefs 10-7.— Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) December 9, 2018
- Chiefs defense is solid on Baltimore’s first two run attempts. Reggie Ragland shuts Gus Edwards down on the first then, on the second, Justin Houston sets up the edge perfectly, forcing Jackson inside, and Anthony Hitchens stops him at the Baltimore 48. The Ravens finally implement some passing into heir offensive game and Lamar Jackson finds Willie Snead IV for 10 yards and Daniel Sorensen picks up an Unnecessary Roughness call, adding a 15 yard advantage for the visitors. The Ravens continue to close in and Jackson gets them to the KC 11 with a 14 yard pass to John Brown. The Ravens end the drive with a 28 yard field goal to take the lead. Chiefs 7, Ravens 10.
- First play of the drive, Mahomes throws incomplete and the Chiefs take their first timeout right after. On the next play, Mahomes hits Demetrius Harris for 11 yards and, on the play, Ravens’ Marlon Humphrey picks up a 16 yard Unnecessary Roughness penalty — enforced at the Kansas City 35. On the next 3 plays, Spencer Ware runs it for a combined 16 yards to put the Chiefs at the Ravens 33. The drive ends in an incomplete 51 yard field goal attempt by Harrison Butker.
- Second quarter starts with Chiefs 7, Ravens 7.
Running lanes are open for the Ravens now. Taking it 15 yards at a time with ease— Cody Tapp (@codybtapp) December 9, 2018
- The Ravens waste no time leveling the score. To open their next drive, Lamar Jackson’s rush game proves dangerous yet again with a 21 yard run on the first play. The Ravens run it all the way down to the Kansas City 3 and it’s Kenneth Dixon who finishes a solid rushing drive with a 3 yard run in for the touchdown. It’s a tied game. Chiefs 7, Ravens 7.
- On their second drive, the Chiefs maintain possession and see 10 plays for 63 yards. They start with Spencer Ware up the middle for 5 yards then a cheeky 6 yard carry from Tyreek Hill. Mahomes, under pressure on the next play, throws incomplete to the ground. Travis Kelce gets hot again and Mahomes finds him in the air for 17 yards. The Chiefs continue to make their way up the field and a 15 yard pass from Mahomes to Kelce puts the Chiefs at the Baltimore 13. As the Chiefs try and find the end zone, Pass Interference is called on Marlon Humphrey, awarding the Chiefs an automatic first down. Chiefs capitalize and Damien Williams runs it in for a 1-yard TOUCHDOWN. Chiefs lead 7-0.
Chris Jones does it again! Jones brings down Jackson on third down and the Ravens will punt.— Matt McMullen (@KCChiefs_Matt) December 9, 2018
Jones now has a sack in nine-straight games, becoming the first player in NFL history to tally a sack in nine-straight contests during a single season.
- Lamar Jackson does what he does best on Baltimore’s first drive: run the football. He picks up 5 yards on the run, then, on his first pass of the game hits Michael Crabtree for a 12 yard gain. The Ravens make it to their 37 before Chiefs’ Chris Jones comes up big with a QB sack on Lamar Jackson — putting Baltimore back at their 30. Sam Koch punts 51 yards to the KC 19 and Tyreek Hill returns it to the KC 25 for 6 yards.
- First play of opening drive Mahomes connects with Demetrius Harris for 2 yards, then Spencer Ware goes next and gains 5 yards rushing up the middle. Mahomes hits a wide open Kelce for third down next — who then gets dog piled at the 40 yard line. It’s Mahomes to Kelce again and Kelce puts the Chiefs in Baltimore territory with a 13 yard gain. Chiefs struggle at the end of the drive and, on the next three plays, Mahomes throws three incomplete following some pressure from the Ravens defense. The Chiefs end the drive in a punt.
- Chiefs start on offense
Chiefs have lost their second straight toss. Andy Reid's captains choices need to be seriously evaluated.— Tom Martin (@TomKCTV5) December 9, 2018
One of my favorite parts about gameday at Arrowhead is tradition. Kyle & his friends/family have been out here tailgating together for 28 years and, 2 years ago, renovated this bus behind us. Hear from Kyle on the @ArrowheadPride Tailgate on @610SportsKC around 11:15! pic.twitter.com/lEJvdm7EfX— Aly Trost (@AlyTrost) December 9, 2018
Actives and Inactives
Ravens inactives vs. #Chiefs:— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) December 9, 2018
QB Joe Flacco
WR Jordan Lasley
S Tony Jefferson
FB/DL Patrick Ricard
OLB Tim Williams
OL Alex Lewis
DT Zach Sieler
How to watch
Never miss an episode of the Rundown by subscribing to our YouTube channel.
The Kansas City Chiefs (10-2) welcome the Baltimore Ravens (7-5) to Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday afternoon.
Please join us for the Arrowhead Pride Tailgate on 610 Sports Radio prior to the game Sunday beginning at 10 a.m. Arrowhead Time. Listen to 610 Sports Radio by clicking here.
Here’s how to watch and listen to the Chiefs-Ravens game:
Nuts and bolts
Location: Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri
Game time: Sunday, December 9, 2018 | Noon Arrowhead Time
TV channel: CBS (KCTV5 local)
Online Stream/Replay: FuboTV
Arrowhead Pride Post-game show, right after the game on 610 Sports Radio in Kansas City
Radio: 101.1 The Fox (Mitch Holthus, Kendall Gammon and Dani Welniak) | Spanish Radio Broadcast: La Mega 1160 AM/100.5 FM (Tico Sports)
Matchup history: Chiefs lead 4-3
Odds: Chiefs -6.5
Final Injury Report: Chiefs-Ravens
Prediction: Chiefs 33, Ravens 27 (Sweeney) | Full staff predictions
Announcers: Jim Nantz (play by play), Tony Romo (analyst), Tracy Wolfson (sideline)
Enemy SB Nation site: Baltimore Beatdown
Twitter: Arrowhead Pride
Facebook: Please like us!
Chiefs 2018 regular-season schedule
Week 1 | Sep 09 | Chiefs @ Chargers | StubHub Center | 3:05 PM CBS Week 2 | Sep 16 | Chiefs @ Steelers | Heinz Field | 12:00 PM | CBS Week 3 | Sep 23 | 49ers @ Chiefs | Arrowhead Stadium | 12:00 PM | FOX Week 4 | Oct 01 | Chiefs @ Broncos | Sports Authority Field at Mile High | 7:15 PM | ESPN Week 5 | Oct 07 | Jaguars @ Chiefs | Arrowhead Stadium | 12:00 PM | CBS Week 6 | Oct 14 | Chiefs @ Patriots | Gillette Stadium | 7:20 PM | NBC Week 7 | Oct 21 | Bengals @ Chiefs | Arrowhead Stadium | 12:00 PM | CBS Week 8 | Oct 28 | Broncos @ Chiefs | Arrowhead Stadium | 12:00 PM | CBS Week 9 | Nov 04 | Chiefs @ Browns | FirstEnergy Stadium | 12:00 PM | CBS Week 10 | Nov 11 | Cardinals @ Chiefs | Arrowhead Stadium | 12:00 PM | FOX Week 11 | Nov 19 | Chiefs @ Rams | LA Coliseum | 7:15 PM | ESPN Week 12 | Bye Week 13 | Dec 02 | Chiefs @ Raiders | Oakland Coliseum | 3:05 PM | CBS
Week 14 | Dec 09 | Ravens @ Chiefs | Arrowhead Stadium | 12:00 PM | CBS
Week 15 | Dec 13 | Chargers @ Chiefs | Arrowhead Stadium | 7:20 PM | FOX
Week 16 | Dec 23 | Chiefs @ Seahawks | CenturyLink Field | 7:20 PM | NBC
Week 17 | Dec 30 | Raiders @ Chiefs | Arrowhead Stadium | 12:00 PM | CBS