FINAL: Chiefs 35, Raiders 3
- Mahomes and Dieter may have some beef, but not Dieter and Henne. Henne finds Dieter for 22 yards on his first pass of the game. Henne and the offense extend the drive to 13 plays for nearly 9 minutes. It ends in a Turnover on Downs and the Raiders take the field with just 30 seconds remaining.
- On the Raiders next drive, Jordy Nelson and Doug Martin combine for 16 yards to get Oakland to their own 41. On the fourth play, Dorian O’Daniel and Kendall Fuller combine to force a five-yard loss by taking down Doug Martin on the run. The Raiders end in a punt and the Chiefs offense, now led by Chad Henne, takes the field.
- And Mahomes finishes an insane regular season with some more insane stats:
Patrick Mahomes would be tied for first in TD passes right now in the NFL with only those he threw against AFC teams (36).— Kent Swanson (@kent_swanson) December 30, 2018
- Records, broken:
No tight end in NFL history has more receiving yards in a season than Travis Kelce. pic.twitter.com/52aNU11Uua— FOX Sports: NFL (@NFLonFOX) December 30, 2018
- Chiefs open up the fourth quarter with a bang as Damien Williams runs it for 13 yards to the Oakland 40, then Travis Kelce comes up big with a 25 yard gain to the Raiders’ 15, finished off by Tyreek Hill running it in for a 15-yard touchdown. The extra point is good and the Chiefs end the drive with 10 plays, 92 yards and a possession time of 5:35.
- The Chiefs end the third quarter with possession and it was Damien Williams who accounted for a majority of the yards so far on the drive thus far with 27. Chiefs enter the fourth up 28-3.
- Derrick Nnadi concussion update:
Well that answers that question of RTP. Hopefully with (pending) bye week, the player can recover appropriately and play in first playoff game in two weeks.@ArrowheadPride https://t.co/8zdsPOZNSS— Aaron Borgmann (@RehabAllStar) December 30, 2018
- On their next drive, Harris returns it to the Oakland 43 and Carr finds Richard for 8 yards to get into KC territory at the 49. Richard tries to go up the middle on the next play, but is shut down by Dee Ford for a 1-yard loss. After a 3-yard pass to Roberts at the 47, Carr is then split-sacked by Justin Houston and Xavier Williams on the next play for an 8-yard loss. The Raiders end the drive in a punt.
- The Chiefs offense wastes no time extending their lead. A 1:16 drive is ended with a massive 89-yard touchdown. Mahomes finds Robinson who runs it in to lift the Chiefs 28-3.
TOUCHDOWN NUMBER 5️⃣0️⃣!#MVPat pic.twitter.com/YBKAp81jEN— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) December 30, 2018
- Another injury update regarding the Kansas City defense:
DT Derrick Nnadi is being evaluated for a concussion. pic.twitter.com/JU9YixxaJp— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) December 30, 2018
- Reggie Ragland is back on the field to start the second and gets in on the first tackle, which is on Doug Martin who picked up 8 yards on the play. Jordy Nelson picks up some big yards for the Raiders with a catch for 10 yards before, then the Raiders get into KC territory with a catch from Jared Cook for 13 yards. Second down gets replayed after a 10-yard Offensive Holding penalty is called on Parker. Dee Ford sacks Derek Carr for a loss of 5 yards and the drive ends in a punt for the Raiders.
Halftime: Chiefs 21, Raiders 3
The #Chiefs' offense had the ball for just 9:59 in the first half, but lead the #Raiders 21-3.— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) December 30, 2018
- Townsend ends the drive with a 48-yard punt to the KC 40 and Tyreek Hill returns it to the 43 for 3 yards. Gehrig Dieter picks up a 10-yard Illegal Block Above the Waist penalty on the play. Chiefs end the half ahead.
Anthony Hitchens, Allen Bailey and Kendall Fuller teamed up to stop the Raiders short of the first down on their own 12-yard line with :24 seconds left. #Chiefs will get a shot.— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) December 30, 2018
- Mahomes looks for Tyreek Hill deep, but under throws it and is picked off at the 3-yard line with 42 seconds remaining in the half by Gareon Conley.
- Another Chiefs injury update just before the half:
Wow, I did see him take a good shot delivered by OAK RB on last series, hopefully nothing serious and it’s muscular in nature @ArrowheadPride https://t.co/oRpnlP78OS— Aaron Borgmann (@RehabAllStar) December 30, 2018
- After 13 plays and 66 yards over 4:39 minutes, the Raiders finally get on the board with a 50-yard field goal by Daniel Carlson. Chiefs 21, Raiders 3.
- Following his interception:
#Chiefs announce Reggie Ragland is questionable to return. He’s got a hip.— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) December 30, 2018
That is Reggie Ragland's first career interception. He had only one interception in college. He's holding the ball tightly on the sidelines for good reason.— Tom Martin (@TomKCTV5) December 30, 2018
- After not having thrown a pick-six since October, and throwing one early in the game to Daniel Sorensen, Carr throws another interception, which almost turns into a pick-six. Reggie Ragland grabs a pass intended for Jordy Nelson at the KC 29 and runs it 67 yards to the Oakland 4. The Chiefs take the field looking to extend the lead once more, however, it ends in a Turnover on Downs.
The #Chiefs' defense has 121 return yards on two interceptions so far today.— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) December 30, 2018
The Raiders have 124 yards of total offense so far today.
That's twice now the Chiefs' offense has failed to capitalize on a major play by the defense.— Brooke Pryor (@bepryor) December 30, 2018
- A drive free of incomplete passes, lasting 4:40 for 9 plays and 60 yards ends with Damien Williams running it in for a 4 touchdown, lifting the Chiefs 21-0 over the Raiders. However, Tyreek Hill picks up a 15-yard Taunting Penalty on the final scoring play, which will be enforced between downs.
- Injury update from the drive: Jeff Allen goes down and leaves the field.
Cam Erving enters the game for Jeff Allen.— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) December 30, 2018
- Justin Houston breaks through the Raiders O-line pressure and takes the ball straight out of Derrick Carr’s hands to end Oakland’s drive and send the Chiefs offense back on the field.
- Harrison Butker kicks off from the KC 35 to the Oakland 2 and the Raiders will try again to put up a score. Starting at their own 25, Doug Martin runs for a combined 10 yards on the first two plays, then Carr finds Nelson, Waller and Ateman for a combined 17 yards. The Raiders’ drive will continue into the second half, but ends in the first half with eight plays for 45 yards and 5:31.
This play just got offered its own special on "Comedy Central." #Chiefs #Raiders https://t.co/KnahkoXcwn— Brad Porter (@bradkporter) December 30, 2018
- Doug Martin ran for 20 combined yards, and Jordy Nelson and Seth Robert combined for 22, but the Raiders drive ends with a pick-six from Daniel Sorensen who snagged Carr’s throw, which was intended for Erik Harris, out of the air then ran it for a 54 yard touchdown. Chiefs extend the lead 14-0 over the Raiders.
- Despite starting at about half field, the Chiefs end the drive in a punt. On the first play, Mahomes finds Tyreek Hill for five yards and he runs it cheetah style out-of-bounds at the Oakland 40. On the next two plays, Mahomes looks for Kelce, but both are incomplete. Colquitt punts 28 yards to the Oakland 12 and the catch by Dwayne Harris is fair.
- The defense comes up big on the Raiders opening offensive drive. On Oakland’s fourth play, 2nd & 2 and their own 48, Allen Bailey forces and recovers a fumble from Doug Martin and the Chiefs offense takes the field in Raiders territory.
- The Raiders win the toss and defer. Chiefs start the game on offense. On just the second play of the opening drive, Mahomes is nearly picked off by Tahir Whitehead on a pass intended to Tyreek Hill. On the next play, Mahomes avoids the sack and is able to get the ball off to Anthony Sherman for first down. The Chiefs finish the drive with a massive touchdown from Mahomes to Hill for 67 yards. The extra point is good and Chiefs take the early lead 7-0.
Actives and Inactives
Here are the #Chiefs’ inactives today against the Raiders:— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) December 30, 2018
WR Sammy Watkins
OL Kahlil McKenzie
OL Jimmy Murray
S Eric Berry
RB Spencer Ware
TE Deon Yelder
LB Tanoh Kpassagnon
Here are the #Raiders’ inactives:— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) December 30, 2018
CB Montrel Meander
WR Keon Hatcher
DB Rico Gafford
T Justin Murray
DT Maurice Hurst
OL Denver Kirkland
TE Paul Butler
A relationship formed from a rivalry...meet Bill and his friend “Raider Willy.” I caught up with these two friends of 25 years at Arrowhead today. Hear what they had to say about tradition, friendship, #OAKvsKC & more on the @ArrowheadPride Tailgate on @610SportsKC @ 2:40 p.m. pic.twitter.com/LSKgNQI7OB— Aly Trost (@AlyTrost) December 30, 2018
Soon. #OAKvsKC pic.twitter.com/NRDgpvIhQL— Matt McMullen (@KCChiefs_Matt) December 30, 2018
We’re here and have work to do! No, a different kind of work as we help the Chiefs beat the #Raiders! #GoChiefs #Chiefs #ChiefsRewards #MVPat #ChiefsKingdom #OAKvsKC @ChiefsRewards @Chiefs pic.twitter.com/lpNv0I6l1w— Jeff Hebb (@JeffreyMHebb) December 30, 2018
Best friends divided. #OAKvsKC #ChiefsKingdom #lovemygirlanyway pic.twitter.com/6eFZ8TBtXP— Jaime Gallaway (@JaimeGallaway) December 30, 2018
Watching as @PatrickMahomes5 hunts for his 50th passing TD. #huntsketchup #chiefskingdom #arrowheadpride pic.twitter.com/UfbDrCbFpM— karadale (@karadale17) December 30, 2018
How to watch
Never miss an episode of The Rundown by subscribing to our YouTube channel.
The Kansas City Chiefs (11-4) welcome the Oakland Raiders (4-11) to Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday afternoon.
Please join us for the Arrowhead Pride Tailgate on 610 Sports Radio prior to the game Sunday beginning at 10 a.m. Arrowhead Time. Listen to 610 Sports Radio by clicking here.
Here’s how to watch and listen to the Chiefs-Raiders game:
Nuts and bolts
Location: Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri
Game time: Sunday, December 30, 2018 at 3:25 p.m. CT
TV channel: CBS (KCTV5 local)
Online Stream/Replay: FuboTV
Arrowhead Pride Post-game show, right after the game on 610 Sports Radio in Kansas City
Radio: 101.1 The Fox (Mitch Holthus, Kendall Gammon and Dani Welniak) | Spanish Radio Broadcast: La Mega 1160 AM/100.5 FM (Tico Sports)
Matchup history: Chiefs lead 62-52-2
Odds: Chiefs -14
Final Injury Report: Chiefs-Raiders
Prediction: Chiefs 38, Raiders 17 (Sweeney) | Full staff predictions
Announcers: Greg Gumbel (play by play), Trent Green (analyst), Bruce Arians (analyst), Melanie Collins (reporter)
Enemy SB Nation site: Silver and Black Pride
Twitter: Arrowhead Pride
Facebook: Please like us!
Chiefs 2018 regular-season schedule
Week 1 | Sep 09 | Chiefs @ Chargers | StubHub Center | 3:05 PM CBS Week 2 | Sep 16 | Chiefs @ Steelers | Heinz Field | 12:00 PM | CBS Week 3 | Sep 23 | 49ers @ Chiefs | Arrowhead Stadium | 12:00 PM | FOX Week 4 | Oct 01 | Chiefs @ Broncos | Sports Authority Field at Mile High | 7:15 PM | ESPN Week 5 | Oct 07 | Jaguars @ Chiefs | Arrowhead Stadium | 12:00 PM | CBS Week 6 | Oct 14 | Chiefs @ Patriots | Gillette Stadium | 7:20 PM | NBC Week 7 | Oct 21 | Bengals @ Chiefs | Arrowhead Stadium | 12:00 PM | CBS Week 8 | Oct 28 | Broncos @ Chiefs | Arrowhead Stadium | 12:00 PM | CBS Week 9 | Nov 04 | Chiefs @ Browns | FirstEnergy Stadium | 12:00 PM | CBS Week 10 | Nov 11 | Cardinals @ Chiefs | Arrowhead Stadium | 12:00 PM | FOX Week 11 | Nov 19 | Chiefs @ Rams | LA Coliseum | 7:15 PM | ESPN Week 12 | Bye Week 13 | Dec 02 | Chiefs @ Raiders | Oakland Coliseum | 3:05 PM | CBS Week 14 | Dec 09 | Ravens @ Chiefs | Arrowhead Stadium | 12:00 PM | CBS Week 15 | Dec 13 | Chargers @ Chiefs | Arrowhead Stadium | 7:20 PM | FOX Week 16 | Dec 23 | Chiefs @ Seahawks | CenturyLink Field | 7:20 PM | NBC
Week 17 | Dec 30 | Raiders @ Chiefs | Arrowhead Stadium | 12:00 PM | CBS